Kinda depends on the HU, I mine (pioneer 4300) there's multiple ways to adjust the bass. You can use the levels by hz or the actual RCA output

Mine is pretty much the same a 3200. Adjusting by hz? Thats a filter and would only affect your sub stage if you have your sub rcas connected to your rear out on the deck. Sub level is the rca output. The max you can go on yours is 6, right? Well, it should be at 6 or all the way up when you set your gains, everything other than that should be flat. Also, "loudness" should be off.

The hz is just the normal 8 band eq settings where you adjust sliders. My bass can go to +15.

Edit: yes my rcas are connected straight to the HU, I don't necessarily like EQ's unless they're on the much better quality side

Personally I set the radio/eq how I like it then I dd-1. For example in a mustang I set the gains for he is on stock speakers but aftermarket HU and amp and substage. Max he can turn his volume before the door speakers sound distorted is 28. So we dd-1'd the amp to 28 even tho the radio could go to 40 w/o distortion.

Edited by HunterJohnson

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Kinda depends on the HU, I mine (pioneer 4300) there's multiple ways to adjust the bass. You can use the levels by hz or the actual RCA output

Mine is pretty much the same a 3200. Adjusting by hz? Thats a filter and would only affect your sub stage if you have your sub rcas connected to your rear out on the deck. Sub level is the rca output. The max you can go on yours is 6, right? Well, it should be at 6 or all the way up when you set your gains, everything other than that should be flat. Also, "loudness" should be off.

The hz is just the normal 8 band eq settings where you adjust sliders. My bass can go to +15.

Edit: yes my rcas are connected straight to the HU, I don't necessarily like EQ's unless they're on the much better quality side

Personally I set the radio/eq how I like it then I dd-1. For example in a mustang I set the gains for he is on stock speakers but aftermarket HU and amp and substage. Max he can turn his volume before the door speakers sound distorted is 28. So we dd-1'd the amp to 28 even tho the radio could go to 40 w/o distortion.

I have done this as well!

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Ok, I got you. When you said "hz" I assumed you were referring to the hpf settings in the hu, not the eq.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Oh yea there's the hpf setting as well. Lol all these settings is the reason I don't get an external eq. For my use 95% of adjustments are alrdy on my HU. For the filter I have it set so 63hz and under pass through

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D