so when is a HO alt needed?

every car is different man, even someone with a very similiar setup. a vm take 20 min to put in. run some wires from the bat to in your dash (run with your amps power, and branch off to the dash where you ran your rcas from, and even if its a temp thing and the VM is tucked between your seat or something outta sight, just so you can reference

I haven't had a spare 20 min to work on my car since i put the new battery in, and that took away a nights sleep cuz of schoolwork i had to do still. I am on the 630 train to the city, and the 6pm train home. Then i get to do all the fun homework. Im not going to do it ghetto, ill wait and do it right. I don't think you understand how much of a PITA the 2010 lancer is to work on when you're 6'6

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

To answer the generic question "When is a HO Alt needed?"

A High Output Alternator is needed when your total potential amp draw of your audio system and accessories added to the total potential amp draw of your vehicles electrical system exceeds the output of your existing alternator.

Though there are other things that can mitigate the voltage drop (adding batteries (power storage), monitoring voltage, etc) an adequate power source (Alternator(s))is the root of the electrical needs of any given application.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

To answer the generic question "When is a HO Alt needed?"

A High Output Alternator is needed when your total potential amp draw of your audio system and accessories added to the total potential amp draw of your vehicles electrical system exceeds the output of your existing alternator.

Though there are other things that can mitigate the voltage drop (adding batteries (power storage), monitoring voltage, etc) an adequate power source (Alternator(s))is the root of the electrical needs of any given application.

i understand when it is needed in a technical sense, but i guess I'm trying to ask, how far can you go without getting a HO alt

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.