Ok, I bought a blue stinger volt meter and I have no idea how to install it. I read the directions but I wasn't sure if the power had to be at the batt or amp. Also, the wires are pretty short so if I want to run it at the dash, I'll need to extend them somehow. What I did was just plugged the power, ground and remote directly into my amp along with the regular wires. But it didn't work so I thought maybe I did something wrong. I also don't know how to calibrate the meter. It says to turn the small screw with the top piece off but how do I set it if I don't even know what my current volts are? I'd appreciate any help. Thx!

Vehicle: 2007 GMC Denali

Headunit: Pioneer AVH-8400BH

Sub Amp: Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp

Sub: Ascendant Audio Havoc 12"

Electrical: Big 3, Dual Batteries, Stock 160-amp alternator

Wiring: RF 0 gauge

Box: Custom built 1.89^3 net

it's your choice. do you want to know the battery voltage or the voltage that your amp is receiving. yes, get some roll of wire and run it to the battery or amp.

as for calibrating it. Have a digital multimeter on hand (preferable and accurate one) and adjust the screw until it reads what your DMM reads

Does it matter if it checks the batt or amp volts? It would make it a lot easier to do the amp since its behind my drivers seat and since all three wires can be plugged right there instead of getting power from batt, ground wherever, and remote at HU. Otherwise I'll have to run a lot of wire to get it into my truck. And I'll have to take my HU and console apart to get to the rear of the HU for the remote wire. Man, looks like I'll have to buy a dmm.

Vehicle: 2007 GMC Denali

Headunit: Pioneer AVH-8400BH

Sub Amp: Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp

Sub: Ascendant Audio Havoc 12"

Electrical: Big 3, Dual Batteries, Stock 160-amp alternator

Wiring: RF 0 gauge

Box: Custom built 1.89^3 net

or borrow one. don't cheap out on one though. it all depends what you want to know. do you want to know what voltage your battery is holding or how much voltage is your amp seeing, which is more important to you? I would personally say do the amp so you can see what voltage it's seeing so that you can tell if it's close to going into protect.

I would do a run of remote wire to the HU personally, but you might be able to connect it to remote on the amp. I don't actually have a voltmeter in my car but I've looked around at what my friends have done with theirs.

Use a relay and fuses and connect it to your amp. This way you can see your voltage at the amp.

pull from the Remote + in to the amp to activate the relay. (fuse it)

pull from the + in on the amp to send power through the relay to the VM (fuse it)

ground the VM

The relay will come on when you power on your amps

It will tell you the voltage at the amp.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

• 3 weeks later...

it's your choice. do you want to know the battery voltage or the voltage that your amp is receiving. yes, get some roll of wire and run it to the battery or amp.

as for calibrating it. Have a digital multimeter on hand (preferable and accurate one) and adjust the screw until it reads what your DMM reads

and should i use the DMM when the engine is on and off to check for correct voltages?

2001 GMC Sierra DC Audio Build =http://www.stevemead...o-level-4-build

2001 GMC Sierra

XSPower D3400

Pioneer AVHD 1400

​MB Quart Component Sets

Pioneer 5x4s

Audiotechnix Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Sound Deadener

DC Audio Level 4 10s

DC Audio 3.5k

Rocford Fosgate R400-4

HID 6k

Slammed Truck on 20s

Candy Blue.

and should i use the DMM when the engine is on and off to check for correct voltages?

I don't think it matters, but I may be wrong. I have never done this yet. I would do engine on though, because..... honestly how often do you listen to music when your engine is off? use the DMM to get the correct voltage and adjust the voltage on the voltmeter to what the DMM reads

I don't think it matters, but I may be wrong. I have never done this yet. I would do engine on though, because..... honestly how often do you listen to music when your engine is off? use the DMM to get the correct voltage and adjust the voltage on the voltmeter to what the DMM reads

Thank you for the quick reply just waiting for the DMM to come in the mail and will be set. Cant wait to get everything in.

0b179c2b.jpg

2001 GMC Sierra

XSPower D3400

Pioneer AVHD 1400

​MB Quart Component Sets

Pioneer 5x4s

DC Audio Level 4 10s

DC Audio 3.5k

Rocford Fosgate R400-4

HID 6k

Slammed Truck on 20s

Candy Blue.

it's not problem, I'm usually trying to help out with whatever I have knowledge of. I still need to get a volt meter too, but I have more important equipment to worry about like electrical

it's not problem, I'm usually trying to help out with whatever I have knowledge of. I still need to get a volt meter too, but I have more important equipment to worry about like electrical

Yeah i feel you i am getting my XS D3400 soon and probably a DC power alternator. Just trying to save for my amp first lol. "money money money"

2001 GMC Sierra

XSPower D3400

Pioneer AVHD 1400

​MB Quart Component Sets

Pioneer 5x4s

DC Audio Level 4 10s

DC Audio 3.5k

Rocford Fosgate R400-4

HID 6k

Slammed Truck on 20s