Need Help With Alt/wiring Please

Hello everyone, this will be my first post here...been lurkin for awhile though...im having trouble with my install, seeing how it is my first install/system ever. Im going to be putting a 15" Fi Q on a T1000bd in my 01 taurus..i have a 4 awg memphis wiring kit with a 200A inline fuse, and plan on doing the big 3 with the left over 4awg. on CA.com and ROE they said that the 200 might be a little large of a fuse, and i should just get both fuses (for amp/batt and big 3) that is equal to my alt's output.

my question is, if this 200A fuse is too large, what fuses should i go with? also, how would i figure out what my alt puts out??

thanks!,

emd

200a is too much current for 4ga wire.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

A minimum of 2awg wire is what RF recommends for that amp. 1/0awg wire will be better. You always fuse the wire depending on its rating. 4awg wire is good for 1000watts & 100amps of current meaning it would need a 100amp fuse. That amplifier requires a 150amp fuse which is why you need at least 2awg wire which is also rated for 150amps of current. If you plan on using any other amps such as a 2 or 4ch for your front stage then you'll need bigger 1/0 wire to adequately power that as well.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Archived