Sonic Electronix

Crown Vic/ Grand Marquis Single Din Dash Kit with 1/2 Din opening?

Does anyone know of a dash kit that offers that? I just bought a Clarion EQS746, and I am trying to figure out the best way to install it on top of my head unit. Would anyone have any suggestions on how to go about modding the adapter that I already have? Its a Metra, but the storage slot is a little too small to fit the EQ through. I know that I would obviously have to cut the inside of the storage slot out of the adapter, but from there I'm not sure what to do. IE: how to actually mount it to the adapter or dash. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-1999 Mercury Grand Marquis

-Skar 1500.1d

-Two Skar VVX 12's

-Two Skar VXI65 component sets

-MB Quart 125.4

-Clarion EQS746

-Stinger zero gauge power wire

-Big three

-Kinetic HC600 in trunk

Dremel that shit out and iso mount it with screws to your current dash kit. Use some black abs plastic to fill any holes but i doubt you will have any

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

This is gonna sound stupid, but what does iso mount mean? The rest of the idea sounds promising though.

-Skar 1500.1d

-Two Skar VVX 12's

-MB Quart 125.4

-Clarion EQS746

-Big three

-Kinetic HC600 in trunk

Iso mount you basically screw your head unit or in your car an eq directly to the dash kit. So ypu have the cut the whole pocket out you may have to makr the hole bigger to make it fit

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Alright, that seems like a good idea, but how exactly would I screw the EQ into the dash kit? There aren't any mounts that came with it other than the ones for mounting it directly to the dash, which I think would look hideous.

-Skar 1500.1d

-Two Skar VVX 12's

-MB Quart 125.4

-Clarion EQS746

-Big three

-Kinetic HC600 in trunk

After your hole is cut. Get a couple pices of back strap and cut them in half. Using the screws that came with the radio attach 2 straps to each side of the radio with the extra length going up. adjust the eq to where you like it and use the screws that came with the eq to attach the straps where you need them.

2006 Chevy Cobalt SS

Headunit: Eclipse 8445 (sold)

Highs Amp: Eclipse 3620 (sold)

Sub Amp: Eclipse 3122 (sold)

Front stage: Memphis M class6.5 components (2007)

Sub: 1 Memphis M class 12" (sold)

SPL TermLab 130.7 (windshield) (selling)

Car Audio & Alarm installer for 16 years.

Pray for my daughter Katrina please!

That sounds like a good idea, but the EQ didn't come with any screws, or even screw holes in it :/

-Skar 1500.1d

-Two Skar VVX 12's

-MB Quart 125.4

-Clarion EQS746

-Big three

-Kinetic HC600 in trunk

hmm that sucks. well you could pull the case apart and pre drill a couple holes to mount to, as long as your carefull about the clearence and type of screws you use.

Another idea would be to use some abs plastic between the radio and eq to prop it up then wrap electrical tape or duct tape around the whole thing to keep it from moving. but that would not be my first choice of action.

2006 Chevy Cobalt SS

Headunit: Eclipse 8445 (sold)

Highs Amp: Eclipse 3620 (sold)

Sub Amp: Eclipse 3122 (sold)

Front stage: Memphis M class6.5 components (2007)

Sub: 1 Memphis M class 12" (sold)

SPL TermLab 130.7 (windshield) (selling)

Car Audio & Alarm installer for 16 years.

Pray for my daughter Katrina please!