Sundown Audio

Theory Question on upgrading power

Say im running 2 subs on 750 rms each

how much output in theory would i gain if i ran each sub at 1900 rms?

basically now i have one amp running at 2 ohms, and in the next day or so im going to have 2 amps each on its own sub running at 1 ohm a piece.

Like how much more output should i really expect?

Also the subs i use (DD 9512s) dont seem to even get going on the current 750 a piece

What do yall i think? Feel like I've never upgraded power on the same woofer. No first hand experience on my side

Thats a huge power increase, they won't be twice as loud on that much power but i'm sure you'll definitely notice a difference, can those dd handle that power?

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/

Thats a huge power increase, they won't be twice as loud on that much power but i'm sure you'll definitely notice a difference, can those dd handle that power?

it would be a huge disappointment if they couldnt... they should be able to handle it with ease. Did it before.

no one can tell you. it'll be louder. thats about it.

haha i figured that, was just curios if its gonna be like 2x 3x..etc

just a theory.

hate spending a boat load of money and not being happy with the result

but thats car audio for you

I remember learning about this a little bit in science class like 4 years ago lol, it's different but very similar. It's like if you have 2 people singing, it won't be twice as loud as one person... but like I said it was 4 years ago lol. I didn't like it very much at the time

theory says if you double the power you'll double the output, so in theory you'll see a 3dB increase....but like i said, thats theory, there are way too many variables to take into account to say. ch0sen, you obviously don't know about DD, they will laugh at that amount of power....

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Doubling power can have "meh" results in my experience. Then you have to upgrade your electrical and all that shit....

Whereas getting more woofers or a new box...now that shit'll make your day better.

no guarantee a new box will do shit either. Chances are doubling the power from 750 to well over that to each of his 9512s will have a drastic effect. Doubling cone area on the same power is the same as doubling power on the same cone area....in theory....whos to say his electrical isn't stout as it is?

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.