So i added a crossover...

Just over the weekend i added an new-old JBL crossover to my system...

Obviously was not that difficult of a task.

However, prior to the crossover being installed i had my gains on my DC 175.4 tuned with my DD1.

This crossover has gain knobs on it for the front/rear channel...

Where do i want these to be set?

Does it even matter if they are turned up all the way if the gains on the amp are properly set.

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

mid day bump

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

you need to set the gains on the crossover, then reset them on your amp

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Are you positive on this? There was a video Meade posted on youtube showing how to use the DD1 with a crossover he purchased for testing purposes.

In the video he found max volume on the HU, found max gain on the 4 channel, and then set the gain on the XO to max

At least thats what i got out of it after watching it last night.

I just realized i probably should have posted this in the DD1 section, if a mod can move it for me i would appreciate it.

Edited by JZeFF

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

3x XS power D2700's

Gotta work down the line. H/U, eq, then amp.

Well i would be stupid to ignore the same advice from two different people, haha. Thanks guys.

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

3x XS power D2700's

May I ask why you added a crossover to the system? Isn't the 175.4 active capable so the addition of the crossover would do what for you? When I had my clarion crossover in my car I measured just to see by plugging the rca's into the DD1 from the crossover and at max volume I was undistorted because I had the same question as you with Meade's video.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Orionstang is right

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/

Gotta work down the line. H/U, eq, then amp.

Well i would be stupid to ignore the same advice from two different people, haha. Thanks guys.

its all good, but its signal flow man. Check from the start and work your way down the line. In this case, start at HU, go to EQ/XO, then amp...

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.