So i added a crossover...

May I ask why you added a crossover to the system? Isn't the 175.4 active capable so the addition of the crossover would do what for you? When I had my clarion crossover in my car I measured just to see by plugging the rca's into the DD1 from the crossover and at max volume I was undistorted because I had the same question as you with Meade's video.

The 175.4 is limited by its crossover points. Can't cross tweeters or bandpass a midrange.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Using the dd-1, it shouldn't take too long. Unless your amps are hard to get to.

Oh they are extremely hard to get to, lol. But i would rather do it right.

I just got everything in on Friday, i will be posting a video up soon hopefully.

May I ask why you added a crossover to the system? Isn't the 175.4 active capable so the addition of the crossover would do what for you? When I had my clarion crossover in my car I measured just to see by plugging the rca's into the DD1 from the crossover and at max volume I was undistorted because I had the same question as you with Meade's video.

I actually added a crossover to potentially go 4 way using multiple amps... more flexibility down the road. The 175.4 wouldnt really allow for a good bandbass on some mid range speakers. The LPF doesnt go up as high as i would like for midrange speakers.

Plus i had amazon gift cards so it was free for me.

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around