Second Skin Audio

Help! need some quick ideas

Ok so i finished my sub box! i think it came out a lot better than my last one

5e8c5d62.jpg

but i messed up on 1 cut...

ce77b405.jpg

its about a 1/10th inch gap lol. how do i seal this sucker up?! i was thinking about glassing it but i don't wanna dive into that stuff at this time.

Only thing i can come up with is taping the inside and see if great stuff will stick and fill in the gap. or just simply taping the inside and outside!

This is a temp box so I'm not too worried about it, but i do want to do something to fix the gap

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

will it stick and hold to the abuse of my 2 12" and 500 watts! lol

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

You are talking about a gap between the baffle and the horizontal wall right there right? Run a 1/4" bead of silicone down the seam from the inside, wet your finger and smear it down in the gap. Look for air pockets and make sure it's a smooth even layer across and let it cure 24 hours. you will be good to go. I will post a pic of what it should look like if you want.

Awesome thanks guys. guess i was over thinking it and had a mini panic attack lol

is there a special type of silicone?

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

Awesome thanks guys. guess i was over thinking it and had a mini panic attack lol

is there a special type of silicone?

No, any ol' bath tub caulk will work(resists mold), i would not recommend clear as it's too hard to see if you are getting it properly applied. Maybe avoid something that says it stays malleable.

nice thanks! off to the store i go now lol

and i think its just a lil paint on his nail haha

thats one sexy bead tho lol

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

oh yeah 1 more question. should i put some screws through it cuz i have not yet. Should i put in screws as the silicone is drying?

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg