Sundown Audio

I just purchased a sa10 sub from woofersect. com. i should have it on friday . looking to biuld a sealed enclosure for it. in the specs on the site it says .5 cubic foot for the enclosure. my question is does that include the displacement of the sub? some manufactures include it. some you need to add it. i was also wondering with such a small enclosure is polyfil required.

It 0.5cuft net so your box will have to be 0.6cuft gross,

I wouldn't use Polly fill

Do you have the space to port it?

i do hsve space to port it. i have a 02 2dr blazer. just trying to go more towards sound quality and compactness. i usually run 12's ported.. the problem for me with ported is i listen such a large variation in music. lot of hip-hop, metal, classic rock, some trance/electonic .

It 0.5cuft net so your box will have to be 0.6cuft gross,

I wouldn't use Polly fill

Do you have the space to port it?

i do hsve space to port it. i have a 02 2dr blazer. just trying to go more towards sound quality and compactness. i usually run 12's ported.. the problem for me with ported is i listen such a large variation in music. lot of hip-hop, metal, classic rock, some trance/electonic .

So do i, and i run 2 12s ported, had them in my blazer and now my lancer. The subs do the job on everything, but my mids cant always keep up and blend that well...I listen to a LOT of electronic music, downtempo, trip hop, trance, hardstyle.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

10"s are prob a good choise, but idd graph it for the flatest response,

I'm not at home now but someone should be able to do it for you, if you have enough space

Try a T-line on ported box at 25-28hz maybe even 30flat

It will louder the sealed and play everything

But you will need some 6x9 or similar to take over from 70-100 and up

I've seen a sa12 ported at 22hz and it played up to 60-70hz at a fairly even level( never saw it on a termlab) but is sounded good, did go as loud as I tought for mid 400 rms but was clean

Edited by john253a