Hey Jeff, our quick talk on the 4th at Meades, just wondering if you thought of it

Its about my 2000 Denali 4x4 that was lowered and it has suspension clanking noises going over speed bumps, (almost totally in the rear) and trying to drive in 4wd it drives fine, then gets rough- Iam sure thats the transfer case- (who cares as long as I dont use it much right?)

But the clanking, its annoying, sounds like somethings lose, and since its lowered 4" its kinda hard to actually get under there just to look... got any ideas on where I can look to see about lose bolts, or faulty kit?

I believe it was a DJM kit for this truck

Iam even thinking it might have had airbags maybe? took them out and left the rest of the suspension?

I dont have a jack that can lift this thing, thats why Iam asking first, looking later

thanks bro

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Right now is the time to by ive been thinking about buying another one right now since the prices are good

its hella hard not going to the deallership i even gots a healthy down saved up, but with my new bizz and the shitty economy the way it is i need to chill awhile. im getting ready to put my house on the market and get a new 1 then upgrade boats 1st then get my truck or straight axel or whatever! :wacko:

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

Hey Jeff, our quick talk on the 4th at Meades, just wondering if you thought of it

Its about my 2000 Denali 4x4 that was lowered and it has suspension clanking noises going over speed bumps, (almost totally in the rear) and trying to drive in 4wd it drives fine, then gets rough- Iam sure thats the transfer case- (who cares as long as I dont use it much right?)

But the clanking, its annoying, sounds like somethings lose, and since its lowered 4" its kinda hard to actually get under there just to look... got any ideas on where I can look to see about lose bolts, or faulty kit?

I believe it was a DJM kit for this truck

Iam even thinking it might have had airbags maybe? took them out and left the rest of the suspension?

I dont have a jack that can lift this thing, thats why Iam asking first, looking later

thanks bro

damn dude, for the life of me i cant think of the name but its prob "that bar" on the rear end that alligns your 4 link ( factory part) as soon as i identify the part i will holler @ you...

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

rear control/sway bar thingy?

lol

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

rear control/sway bar thingy?

lol

this bar actually pulls your wheels side to side... you know the side to side adjuster thingy LOL

sorry bro, but my short term is shot to hell still.

I feel ya, when I did auto parts, only 2 things I failed on my constant ASE Parts pro tests were suspension, and transmission parts

sundown.jpg

Track Arm damit the Track arm... LOL they are known to break on slammed rides.

i knew it would come to me sooner or later.

I don't feel like researching.......

Do you know of off the top of your head if they make a 3" lift for a '98 ext cab, long bed Silverado? Manufacture and rough price estimate. I see a lot of 6" lifts. Just curious, nothing to pull out the books or do an internet search on.