Second Skin Audio

ported box loading issues?

brohd11

Hey guys, so i just made a box for my 2 fi bl 12's, and i think it has some loading issues. It has 3 common port walls and one sub is right in front of the bent part of the port, the other has just the back wall behind it. now the one with just the wall behind it moves alot more than the other. Wondering if this is because its unloading? i put a piece of mdf behind it as bracing and it helped a little any thing else i can do to fix it? It still sounds just as good with the bracing by the way. Thanks for any help! :)

I would put a brace the same length as the port, the distance of the port width away from the port in front of each subwoofer.

That brace is the port width from the wall. My port width is 4 inches, so you think i should put it 4 inches from the back of the sub? or from the wall? also i wanna say the box sounds great, just scared im gonna have problems when i put them on full power.

I would only do that to try to equalize the pressure waves. Its called sound diffraction. But on the other hand if it sounds great as is no need.

Alright, thanks a lot! i guess ill only know if its okay once i hook them up to my crescendo 3500, as opposed to my 1200 watt cadence haha

Archived