Need help with Relay - for electrical/relay guru's

They are less than just a middle man. Actually, if we want to get technical, they are an aggregator. 95% of banks and processors won't accept aggregators due to the risk involved plus many other reasons. Visa and MasterCard do not like aggregators at all. That's why there are a limited amount of options to Paypal, if any at all. Paypal struggled to get their aggregated account set up. They had to search for years to find an payment processor that had an acquiring bank that would accept an aggregated account.

Paypal has a merchant account, therefor Paypal is a merchant account. So Paypal sets up merchant accounts for everyone else including individuals and merchants. Processors and Acquiring Banks want each individual to have their own merchant account, which means they need their own MID (Merchant Identification Number.)

They aren't an acquiring bank, a processor, an ISO, or even a third party processor, let alone even a reseller. So with so many middle men involved, there are obviously so many downsides to using Paypal as a merchant, one of them being so many middle men involved, high rates, deposit times, etc... Sure, its easy, but so much hassle that comes with it when it comes to your own business, let alone that your customers have to have Paypal. There are alot of people who hate Paypal and for good reasons. There is even a website dedicated for how much Paypal sucks. Ironically, the web address is www.paypalsucks.com lol

Paypal sucks. I won't ever buy a product from a company that doesn't have their own merchant account and only uses Paypal. Too much hassle and I use Paypal unless I have to. I have actually thought about getting my own merchant account for Ebay use, therefor not having to deal with Paypal, their ridiculous holds on my payments, insane fees, deposits, but I don't sell on Ebay as much as I use to. I could also use a merchant account through an ISO to sell items on message boards where the customer doesn't have to have a Paypal account. They just pay through an online shopping cart and redirected to an SSL Secure Online Payment Portal such as Authorize.net. Then once the payment is sent through, it goes through the ISO and Processor where most ISO's will deposit my funds directly into my checking account in 24 hours. If I ever decide to set up my own Merchant Account, I'm going with Encore Payment Systems out of Addison, TX. You have to be VERY careful when shopping for a merchant account provider as many will screw you with hidden fees, the salesman will lie, ISO will change your rates after 60-90 days and you are stuck with their 2 year contract. Encore charges a $250 cancellation fee, which use to be common, but alot of ISO's have raised their cancellation fees. I cant count how many times I have seen cancellation fees in upwards of $1000+. Don't even get me started on equipment leasing, but this doesn't apply to ECommerce merchants (Online Merchants) as leasing equipment is for equipment terminals, POS systems, check processing equipment, swipers, etc... Many ISO's such as Encore have even developed their own online payment gateway; similar to Authorize.net.

If anyone has a business and needs some insight, advice, help, etc.. with their existing merchant account or obtaining a new merchant account, hit me up. I have been in the industry for 7 years. I have worked for 4 ISO's and only found one that was ethical. 90% of the ISO's out there are unethical as I have seen most statements from other ISO's where they are screwing merchants and we switch them over. Never did we, Encore, ever change rates or have hidden fees. I actually had the opportunity to come back to Encore, where I worked for the first 4 years in the industry. Never should have left. I had a severe car accident where I was unable to work for a year. They donated 100 hours of PTO, half of PTO was paid and the other 50 hours was given to me, on top of what I accrued while I was out because they kept me active. NOW thats a GOOD company. They hired a temp employee so that when I returned, I had a job waiting for me. They visited me in the hospital. I recently exited the industry and no longer work for any ISO's, but still have knowledge as I have worked in many departments including inside and outside sales management, business development, operations, leasing, program management, project management, ran a a couple of sub ISO departments and more. I was a man who wore many hats.

I could go on and on about aggregated accounts and why its better, cheaper, safer, etc... to just have a merchant account with a good ISO (Independent Sales Organization or aka reseller.) But I won't, although I already have and I have gone WAY off topic here. My apologies.

Edited by TexasJesse

Wow, that must have sucked. I'm going to make sure the relay is mounted on the amp rack so that incase anything like that happens, it can be easily accessible.

How many amplifiers do you think a remote wire can handle before resorting to a relay? Asking this for future reference for upcoming stereo installs. I have never ran anymore than 3 amplifiers. I'm adding a 4th amplifier that my friend is selling back to me.

I dont want to damage my $1500 navigation unit, so Im going to do it anyway since I'm going to be running LED's in both slot ports, then multiple LED LED strips to light up my amplifiers, crossovers, distribution blocks, and inline fuse holders on my back amp rack. I know LED's dont draw that much current, but I think running 4 amps and all of the LED's would tax that single remote turn on wire.

I would use a relay if it was more then 1 device being powered on.

What bassface says is something you would want to do. You dont want to run to much off the radio remote wire without a relay. The remote wire i believe was intended for a powered antenna which doesn't use or need to much power to make it go up and down