Sonic Electronix

System for Crew Cab truck. Advice Needed

Personally wouldn't want a pole vent that close to the box. Mounting depth is from the back side of the basket to the bottom of the magnet, so you also have to account for the inch or so mounting ring, rubber gasket, and the surround. Hope this helps

So that would mean that the mounting depth would be 6" PLUS the thickness of the wood right? What would be a safer distance to run the bottom of the magnet and the bottom of the box? Could I get away with 1/2"?

Edited by RedJay

2007 Black Tahoe

AudioQue HDC3 15"

AQ 1200d

if you get the sundown sd-10 its only 4.75 and has no pole vent so it can be very close to the back of the box

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

I know I can make the SD's work and I appreciate you turning me on to them. They look like some solid speakers. The only reason I am trying to get the SA's to fit is because my thinking is if I can get a more powerful speaker to fit, why not try to make it work?

Is there any chance at all I can make this work, or am I wasting my time trying to figure out box ideas? How much space should the pole vent need? Because if its more than .5" or .75", I think I am screwed.

Thanks for all the insight so far guys.

Edited by RedJay

2007 Black Tahoe

AudioQue HDC3 15"

AQ 1200d

my advice it build your box and see what you have to work with and remember to leave 1.5-1.75 inchs from the baffle for speaker clearence

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP