"A" Pillar project need help.

Lets assume for the moment that i don't have any "A" pillar trim pieces in my car. Lets also assume that finding them would be either almost impossible or if i did find them they would be old and brittle and useless.

So I need to make new "A" pillar trim pieces. This is where I need help. How do i do it?

I have given this some thought and I think by starting with putting down foil on the existing metal pillar and covering everything else with plastic would be step 1.

But where to go from there is the problem I need to glass on the existing pillar to get the shape right and then be able to remove the piece once it has cured.

How would you recommend doing it?

wrap the shit out of your car in plastic. then wrap the pillar area in foil. then fiberglass to get the actual form you need to get it to fit. Then use foam like ray showed in the upholstery thread i had posted in off topic. its easy to work with and cuts away with anything. get it to fit the fiberglassed panel and then shape it to your likings, then fiberglass the whole thing and cut out the speaker opening and remove what foam you need to.

Or just go to the junkyard and get new pillars. If your doing this in the accord in your sig i'm guessing they can be found easily in then junkyard. I never go through the import section but I know theres a shit ton of them.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

wrap the shit out of your car in plastic. then wrap the pillar area in foil. then fiberglass to get the actual form you need to get it to fit. Then use foam like ray showed in the upholstery thread i had posted in off topic. its easy to work with and cuts away with anything. get it to fit the fiberglassed panel and then shape it to your likings, then fiberglass the whole thing and cut out the speaker opening and remove what foam you need to.

Or just go to the junkyard and get new pillars. If your doing this in the accord in your sig i'm guessing they can be found easily in then junkyard. I never go through the import section but I know theres a shit ton of them.

I haven't found one in a junkyard in my area, but i have tried lol. I never considered foam before. I will look into that.

foam and fiber glass

My build

http://www.stevemead...20#entry2018495

Car: 2003 Cadillac DTS

(1) Hifonics Brutus BRZ2400.1

(1)Hifonics Zrx600.4

(1) 1000 watt crunch amp

(1)200 watt boss amp

(2) Pyramid TW46

(4) Infinity Kappa 60.9cs

(1) EV 10 inch

(2) XSpower 1200

(4) Pyramid TW18

box tuned at 32 Hz

(2) DC level 3

I'm sure these inport junk yards around here would have a set of pillars ...

Whats the year, make, and model of your ride ... If I can find you some, I will ship them to you ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I will be looking this weekend ... if it quits raining

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch