Sonic Electronix

yes i have done the big 3. I have a durelast gold batt laying around (dont ask me why) but i do, would it be okay to run that with the yellow top

that is fine to use, but like stated before, if it has those caps you can pop off to check the fluids inside, DON'T.

that is Sulfuric acid which can reach 1 on the pH scale. pretty much it will melt a hole through the bottom of your car. yikes.

so i would just go ahead and get that kinetik bro. those things are sealed shut, no worries about spills or fumes.

the hc600 is pretty affordable too.

one last thing kan i run that battery the 600 like a cap and grounded it in the bak or does it need to be - to - as well.

well for the batteries to make use of each other you would need to complete the flow. so just connect the negative to negative.

my only thing is if im adding another batt, should i worry about over working my alt, i mean it already is, and its like if i add a batt idk if it would help so it wont have to draw as much streight from the alt, but on the other hand will it be better for the alt to 2 charge 2 batts instead of trying to keep up with just one? and im running 2 mrp-m500 alpines on 2 15" k comps

interesting, i have an Alpine MRP-M1000 and it's given me some problems too haha. did a demo about 15 mins long and it zapped my battery(getting a new one anyways: Kinetik Hc1800).

well you see the thing is, the only thing that would put more stress on your alternator is adding a more powerful system to your existing electrical system. when you begin to add more batteries, voltage begins to flow through them. almost like them charging themselves. so adding a second battery(that is hooked up to your wet cell) wouldn't be stressing your alternator. if anything taking a load of stress off of it.

so simply put, get a second battery. it wont stress your alternator anymore, but actually relieve it of stress and it will more than likely cure your voltage drops.

my only thing is if im adding another batt, should i worry about over working my alt, i mean it already is, and its like if i add a batt idk if it would help so it wont have to draw as much streight from the alt, but on the other hand will it be better for the alt to 2 charge 2 batts instead of trying to keep up with just one? and im running 2 mrp-m500 alpines on 2 15" k comps

interesting, i have an Alpine MRP-M1000 and it's given me some problems too haha. did a demo about 15 mins long and it zapped my battery(getting a new one anyways: Kinetik Hc1800).

well you see the thing is, the only thing that would put more stress on your alternator is adding a more powerful system to your existing electrical system. when you begin to add more batteries, voltage begins to flow through them. almost like them charging themselves. so adding a second battery(that is hooked up to your wet cell) wouldn't be stressing your alternator. if anything taking a load of stress off of it.

so simply put, get a second battery. it wont stress your alternator anymore, but actually relieve it of stress and it will more than likely cure your voltage drops.

Adding batteries always puts extra stress on the alt. It's more batteries it has to charge!

Adding batteries always puts extra stress on the alt. It's more batteries it has to charge!

umm no.

"Adding multiple Kinetik Power Cells to a vehicle will not add extra load on your alternator or lower you voltage in your car like adding ‘wet cell’ batteries will. Due to the low ESR and high voltage of Kinetik Power Cells, your voltage will actually increase. Kinetik Power Cells also charge more efficiently and quickly than a standard ‘wet cell’ battery reducing the stress on your alternator." direct quote from Kinetik