3 Way Components Seperating Sound

i was listening to my buddies atomic 3 way components and he has the whole set in each door and it has to much high in it and not enough vocals but im thiinking he ust had it tuned different then i would've.but im wondering i want more of a front stage setup so i was thiking about putting the 4" mid at the bottom of the a pillar has anybody done this i've seen 6.5's and 4"s in them but would it make a big difference like i think it will

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

I know the manual with my JL 3 way comps says the woofer and midrange cannot share airspace. not only risking airwaves or air pressure working against each other, but when that starts happening, sound quality will logically be affected.....according to the manual...

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

well know his are sharing air space but it just lacked vocals for how i like them.thats why i was wanting 2 run a 8" focal coaxial but im gona get with him and see if i can play with them and see if i can get the vocals up on them before i buy a pair

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

I run 3-way components in both my camaro and s10. I went the cheap way and used the Q0Logic Kick Panels. Imaging is a little low in the Truck but the Camaro is fine. The Camaro has a MB Quart 3-way and the S10 has a Boston Acoustics 3-way. Seperating the air space for the 6" mid-bass and 4" mid range is crucial. However, sounds like he might have the crossovers adjusted to a real high pass filter in order to have no vocals. Putting the 4" in the A-pillar is something I was definately contimplating. In Steven Meades Tahoe he has mIds in his A Pillars and they sound great. I think for a truck its the best way to go. For a car you can probably pull off the kick panel fine but, if you want that imaging stage right in your face then an A Pillar seperates and a center channel is the way to go.

I have JL 3-ways in my yukon, and I am not happy with the sound, the 6.5" and 4" are in the front doors and the tweets are in the a pillars.

You might want to ge that 4" away from the 6.5" or make a seperat enclosure or baffle for it. I listened to the JL Audio 3-way and didn't like it either. Thats how I ended up with the MB Quarts

You might want to ge that 4" away from the 6.5" or make a seperat enclosure or baffle for it. I listened to the JL Audio 3-way and didn't like it either. Thats how I ended up with the MB Quarts

I am thinking about running CDT Audio 3-ways, but mount the 4" and tweet in the kick panels, and buy there upstage tweet and mount it in the a pillars.

Team Deadly Hertz

I am thinking about running CDT Audio 3-ways, but mount the 4" and tweet in the kick panels, and buy there upstage tweet and mount it in the a pillars.

maybe try that now with the JL's...... :)

I think the only downside really to my kicks is they really don't get "LOUD". They are clean as hell though. If you can fit the 6 and 4 in your door why not step up to an 8" in the door and pair of 5.25 components in the kick or A-Pillars. It'll give you a nice mid bass kick with that 8 and the 5.25 components will be more than loud enough. MPO.

I got the JL 3-way set, and a the moment I am a little unsettled with them too. When I heard them at the shop I was impressed, but I have my 6.5" in the door and the other two in the dash up against the a pillar.... The sound needs to be better.. I just found out that a place called wicked CAS does make some A pillar pods for the FJ cruiser and a few guys on the FJ cruiser forums have them with my components and they are really happy with them, so when the tax check shows up I am gonna shell out the 270 bucks and get them , they look really good and the 4" stays in the dash with the 6.5" in the pillar. ( the FJ A-pillars are really - REALLY - wide ) then I can get my 6x9's back in the front doors , along with a new sundown 4 ch. amp to power it all. I think then I will have it about where I want it....

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

I got the JL 3-way set, and a the moment I am a little unsettled with them too. When I heard them at the shop I was impressed, but I have my 6.5" in the door and the other two in the dash up against the a pillar.... The sound needs to be better.. I just found out that a place called wicked CAS does make some A pillar pods for the FJ cruiser and a few guys on the FJ cruiser forums have them with my components and they are really happy with them, so when the tax check shows up I am gonna shell out the 270 bucks and get them , they look really good and the 4" stays in the dash with the 6.5" in the pillar. ( the FJ A-pillars are really - REALLY - wide ) then I can get my 6x9's back in the front doors , along with a new sundown 4 ch. amp to power it all. I think then I will have it about where I want it....

$270 is cheap for pillars. for my yukon, its like $800 just for them to mod my pillars to accept a 4" and a tweet just like steves.

Team Deadly Hertz