Basic SQ build- 99 Integra GS

Hello all. Going to start posting some stuff for a fairly basic SQ build Im doing. My daily car has an spl oriented system in it, and I wanted to try something different for what is basically my leisure vehicle. Car is a 1999 Acura Integra GS, b18b1 (non vtec :( ).. On to the equipment...

-Headunit was supposed to be an Eclipse cd7100, however, deck ended up being faulty, so I am looking for another active deck with TA and DSP.

-Tweeters are Rainbow Cal 26 silks.

-Mids are Morel 6.5s

-Sub is a single Hertz Hi Energy 12 in 2.25cu @32hz

-Front stage amp is an Audison srx4.

-Sub amp is an old school Kicker zr240

-Extra juice will be supplied by a Shuriken BT60

-I have 1/0 runs of Cadence going from front to rear.

-Sound deadening is Stinger Roadkill.

Started today by deadening front doors, installing the trim rings to allow clearance from the window track, running 2 sets of RCAs and 2 runs of speaker wire, and making an amp rack for the rear. Pics to follow shortly

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

planning out the amp rack. holes are for +/-, RCAs etc

35l4sxz.jpg

Got it carpeted up

1zytwki.jpg

nice fit between wheel wells

1zxxn2e.jpg

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

Any tips or thoughts would be greatly appreciated as Im a noob when it comes to SQ. One issue I have already encountered is I am getting some resonance on my door panels from those thin track bars that are used for door locks. Im not sure how to approach this as I cant constrict the movement and inhibit my lock mechanism...Any tips to limit this resonance without altering its function? Thanks

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

Oh cool, I would love to hear this when it's done. Never really heard a sq vehicle.

You Gona be at rays for the upcoming comp?

yes, thats what Im building for, the SQ comp portion of that show

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

Try and get a demo from one of the AI shop vehicles as well. Some of them have badass sq builds....And in the class I plan to compete in, no external processors are allowed. Thats why im looking for a HU with some DSP abillity

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

Oh ok I get it. Umm the only demo I've got was from rays ranger. sounded real nice with the 3way hertz but I'm pretty sure it's not a sq build, or is it??

Try and get a demo from one of the AI shop vehicles as well. Some of them have badass sq builds....And in the class I plan to compete in, no external processors are allowed. Thats why im looking for a HU with some DSP abillity

hey I have a bnib eclipse cd7200 mark2 I'm selling in your interested in it, pm me for price. Its top of the line then the cd7100.

Archived