kr15
Members-
Posts
1836 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Media Demo
Store
Collections
Videos
Everything posted by kr15
-
DC Audio 8 m3 ** Vid added page 9**
kr15 replied to WCA Rusty's topic in DC Sound Lab - Big Bass on ANOTHER LEVEL!
Im about to start a wall of 4 15s already....would be fun to have one of these 8s to screw around with tho -
DC Audio 8 m3 ** Vid added page 9**
kr15 replied to WCA Rusty's topic in DC Sound Lab - Big Bass on ANOTHER LEVEL!
there is always next year...do a shit ton of them in a BP wall -
DC Audio 8 m3 ** Vid added page 9**
kr15 replied to WCA Rusty's topic in DC Sound Lab - Big Bass on ANOTHER LEVEL!
thats a nice looking driver...leave em as 8s, force people to run 8s. LOL...start a trend of people walling a shit ton of 8s -
i NEVER smelt coil when breaking in my VVXs. My guess is that your clipping, and if your using the amp in your sig, its certainly the guilty party. And I had a bc2k at .5 out of the gate on mine, so power wasnt the issue
-
Lvl 3 12.. sealed?? Opinions
kr15 replied to hzsogood's topic in DC Sound Lab - Big Bass on ANOTHER LEVEL!
1.26 will be fine, and I wouldnt be surprised at all if it surprises you. The LVL 3s are fairly linear, so I bet you get a nice bandwidth sealed. Generally, a larger box will allow better low end extension. I also think that sealed box's being quiet are overstated. Certainly not as loud as a well built ported box, but i have ran single sealed 12 setups in the past on 1k that did plenty well enough. -
your stating the obvious, but I can almost assure that a DD amp is going to handle as much abuse as any on the market. Im running mine at .5 on stock electrical and a single xs3400 in the rear and have been doing so for over a year, and I get nasty voltage drop full tilt. It never protects, never gets hot etc. Now, I would NEVER suggest someone do what I do, nor would I ever tell someone that an 11.9v rating means they are stable to that kind of sustained abuse....but back to the topic of DC amps, I was merely pointing out the difference between a 12v rating and intentions for a "12v system" as there seemed to be some confusion... Im sure this 10k is going to be a monster and I would hope that most people who even consider these have over the top electrical, no point in frying an amp that will cost how knows how much, but im sure in the range of 2k$. People like Ray who would consider an amp like this are electrical nazi's; they will ensure that their amps are fed optimal juice...tuned in for results
-
Any clue what they can do around that voltage?... Ray, you should do that if you are able to upgrade, your still running 14v right?
-
The 9k's were fuckin beasts, and due to higher voltage stability, they would have higher potential then the 10k. That said, for those that are limited to 12v charging to maintain a classification for competing, then perhaps the 10k would be better. I think the low voltage thing veered off with DD because the amps are rated at 11.9v, and some at 12v where as the DC 10k is intended for a "12v system". And the m4a's are beast, ask Ray right above, he clamped a shade under 12k out of a pair strapped....all that said, fuck the bullshit ray, when are you going to put in 2 9s or 10s?
-
I know Damore doesnt have time for this shit, but I personally would be interested in them doing another tutorial video refuting the claims. Its not their job to refute claims, however, their past vids have been extremely informative.....and Im basically not going to take Joe Blows claims about a product if they arent from Damore
-
thats funny...considering our team HAS and HAS USED this item. You didnt see him stating that it damaged HIS system. Dont be so quick to judge people. In all honesty, with the Tech claims that the maker of the DD1 makes, there is probabley no one in this thread capable of commenting on it...because we were all clamping our amps up until a few monthes back when they completely refuted this method...What im saying is that the same people clamping their amps are the same ones claiming some elite knowledge of a product
-
trolling is fun, and thats why some people like myself fuck around...in actuality, I dont dislike anyone...but for those that cross the line and actually hate people, I think it stems from the fact that you were able to take our hobby to a place most of us could only dream of. People get jelly over that. You essentially built a "brand" with your passion for you hobby, very few people can lay claim to that. To be honest, Im not sure why you even concern yourself with those select few douchebags who probabley live a miserable life in comparison to yours. Let their misery stay within themselves
-
!!! Skar Audio Announces the VVXv2 Subwoofer Line !!!
kr15 replied to skaraudio's topic in SKAR AUDIO - (READ ONLY ARCHIVE)
still geared for prominent low end? -
DC Audio 8 m3 ** Vid added page 9**
kr15 replied to WCA Rusty's topic in DC Sound Lab - Big Bass on ANOTHER LEVEL!
based on given input, this doesnt appear to be a 750w capable driver -
DC Audio 8 m3 ** Vid added page 9**
kr15 replied to WCA Rusty's topic in DC Sound Lab - Big Bass on ANOTHER LEVEL!
what are the design goals? Why should i consider this over a sa8v2, Skar MA8, DD 1508 etc -
DC Audio 8 m3 ** Vid added page 9**
kr15 replied to WCA Rusty's topic in DC Sound Lab - Big Bass on ANOTHER LEVEL!
so this is a lvl2 m3 8? -
^ that too...there is a huge empty gap in the shallow mount market. The first company to make a shallow mount beast is going to reap huge benefits. I know Alpine tried R shallow, never heard much about it tho. The Sundown SD series is "slim" but still not shallow mount. My brother always owns pick ups and he constantly asks me what he can run while maintaining stock functions. Every time, I sadly tell him that unless he is willing to give up space, he is left with shitty options. (He is 6'5" so sacrificing seat position for a box is not viable)
-
I dont care about beauty treatments, i guess a tooled basket is "cool", but if it doesnt perform Im not interested. As to the thoughts on the 2508, a very reputable local had one and said they were not impressed at all, and said the sa8v2 was better. So in my opinion, to make a beast 8, it must compete with the sa8v2. I know that i dont represent dc's clientile demographic, but if its not close to the sa8v2, Im not interested. The new Skar 8 looks beast, Imperium has a promising 8 as well. A 3-400w 8 just isnt cutting it anymore
