Sundown Audio

amp sooooo hot

PardeTime

Turn bass boost to 0db and see what happens, set the LPF to as close to say 80 as you can.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

One more fast question. Store sold me amp said it was OK to drop to 4 gauge after second battery. Amp won't take 0 gauge...is this possibly a problem?

since you cant fit any bigger wire, 4 gauge is fine. amp fuse is 150 amps, which is suitable for 4 gauge to handle

100 amp fuse for an amp that requires a 150 amp.

half gain means literally nothing. you could very well be clipping the living shit out of that amp, but no one will know if the amp wasnt tuned with the proper equipment

Earlier:

"Half-way" does not mean unclipped, either.

I'm with Kranny.

I'm gonna hate

Double check all connections to make sure there are no loose connections.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

So is the dd 1 "proper" tuning equipment? Because that's what a buddy of mine has...or is more needed?

that should be the only piece of equipment you need.

Fuse is not helping, but its not a large issue.

Your daisy-chaining of power and ground cables is a bit more worrisome. Have you done the "big 3" or are you just hoping where your power is coming from and where your ground goes to are half-assed from stock battery?

Can you tell us how you wired the subs so we know you're actually at 1 ohm?

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived