Sundown Audio

amp sooooo hot

PardeTime

I have not done big three....yet. but before I added this amp. Everything was hooked up the same way running to a quantum 3500 D and I never had any heating up issue with it. The only difference is adding a second hc600 and the 0 gauge. Used to be 4 gauge.

Your daisy-chaining of power and ground cables is a bit more worrisome.

...bro thats the way you're supposed to do it. + and - from first battery going to + and - on second battery. then you wire the amp to the second battery

I have not done big three....yet. but before I added this amp. Everything was hooked up the same way running to a quantum 3500 D and I never had any heating up issue with it. The only difference is adding a second hc600 and the 0 gauge. Used to be 4 gauge.

do the big 3 tomorrow. it helps a LOT. quantum sucks cock so im not surprised you didnt have any issues with it. it was an 800w amp. you're dealing with an amp that is twice as powerful

Quantum equipment DOES NOT get anywhere close to rated specs. My friend has an unmodified tC and the voltage is steady 14 with a Quantum Audio Alpha Series "2000w RMS" amp.

I think the new amp is roasting your charging system and factory grounds.

I'm gonna hate

Alrigjt, I put the 150 fuse in. And hooked dd 1 up. Was clipping a little. But still gets hot. Not as hot. But hotter than I would like. I'm going to run another ground off my cars battery tonight and see if that helps. Question though. Do I really need to get to ground to frame, or can I ground to clean spot on floor of trunk? My car battery is in trunk.

See if you can get to a strut/shock tower bolt, clean the metal up real good and attach it there.

edit

BTW, i didn't see what vehicle this is in, Have you said?

Archived