I was wondering if on a 4 channel amp you can use each channel for something different. I have an active crossover to do this with. I would use a 2into1 rca connector for channel 1 & 2. Than just the regular two channel for the 6x9's

ex.

Ch1- tweeters

Ch2- pair of 6.5's

Ch3&4- 6x9's

I hope this makes sense, I've got it in my head right at least. Thanks for any help.

I was wondering if on a 4 channel amp you can use each channel for something different. I have an active crossover to do this with. I would use a 2into1 rca connector for channel 1 & 2. Than just the regular two channel for the 6x9's

ex.

Ch1- tweeters

Ch2- pair of 6.5's

Ch3&4- 6x9's

I hope this makes sense, I've got it in my head right at least. Thanks for any help.

Yes you can the tweeters will be at 2 ohms (if they are 4 ohm tweets) and so will the 6.5's. the by 9's will be at 4 ohms and everything should be fine.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

No your tweeters and 6.5's would be in momo, they should be in stereo, hence, left and right.

If you have to, then what would be more workable would be to pair one tweeter and one 6.5 on one channel (1) and the next set on channel (2) , and maintain your left and right input on your rca's.

If you really want to run active then you will have to use the entire 4 channels for the tweeters and 6.5's.

I would not do it. Will it work, yes. You will lose not only balance control, but seperate left and right sound.

The number 1 reason not to do this, you shouldn't show different ohm loads to different channels on the amp. It would be fine to show a certain ohm load to the rears, and a different to the fronts, but not seperate ohm's within those. If I am understanding you correctly, your front left(or right) channel will see 8 ohms, and the other front channel will see 2 ohms. Bad for the amp and bad for everything hooked up to it.

No your tweeters and 6.5's would be in momo, they should be in stereo, hence, left and right.

If you have to, then what would be more workable would be to pair one tweeter and one 6.5 on one channel (1) and the next set on channel (2) , and maintain your left and right input on your rca's.

If you really want to run active then you will have to use the entire 4 channels for the tweeters and 6.5's.

This is the only sensible way to go about it, unless I am misunderstanding something.

Alright thanks guys. It was just an idea i had until i got my 2 channel for the tweets.

Also, Funky do you live in oklahoma?

No sir, I live in Arizona.

Alright thanks guys. It was just an idea i had until i got my 2 channel for the tweets.

Also, Funky do you live in oklahoma?

No sir, I live in Arizona.

Woot!!! Another AZ basshead. Let me know if you ever need any help :) I'm in Glendale

P.S. OP, sorry to spam the thread....

Edited by CleanSierra

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.