Sonic Electronix

I WANT TO KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH MY AMP THAT I HAVE SELECTED. lol. Iv gotten told it will work, then it wont. people said the power is fine, but the quality is bad,

You just said it. Power wise it is identical rms to that of the sub...but thats the spec sheet of the amp.

In actuallity they are not the greatest amps out there...some members have bad problems with them and their quality.

Some love em some hate em. Kinda like Hifonics...mine did great when I had it but its a budget amp. Nothing more.

You would be better off with the 800 listed before or something that does 600wrms at 1ohm or even a little more.

Im looking for a budget amp, like real low budget, so would this amp work?

http://www.amazon.co....ream+rub1.1000

Your link didnt work..but i think you were trying to post a soundstream rubicon 1000. The rubicon series seems to be well liked by this forum and Im actually considering it for my next build.

The problem is I dont think it will do what you want at 4ohm. Maybe run it at 1ohm and turn the gain down some.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I didn't think you would know the specs of the box. I can't believe that it does't rattle to all hell either. Firing a monster sub at a trunk lid can't sound that great. Also, I would think there would be loading/unloading issues with having a sub so close to the trunk lid.

Well the trunk is extremely deep, so loading and unloading isn't that big of an issue. They did 2 layers of dynamat in the trunk and on the license plate. I was very surprised at how the rattle wasn't overwhelming. I will let you know the measurements for the tho

He didnt mean loading as loading it into the trunk

:rofl:

I see what he means now, my goof. I usually just buy and have a shop install my systems. I am learning to do things on my own now. I'm just trying to get help and an understanding of things with help from people on here. If you have any advice, I'd appreciate it.

Look into Hifonics BRZ line, NOT HFi lines, they are affordable. Stay away from Audiopoop, they are turds. I think you're going about building your system completely wrong though.

You're clearly stubborn, and are gonna run an 18" sub in the trunk, be damned the consequences. I'm assuming you won't be upgrading your front stage right? Stock mids and highs and if you DO upgrade they will be receiving power from a headunit right?

I'm done with this thread, as I'm sure any useful advice given will be disregarded. Good luck with your build, I hope your trunk forgives you for what you plan on doing to it.

I like how your the only one that has had a pissy ass attitude for a response, if im going to do the build then ill do it my way, i dont Have to take anybodys advice from here, but I am so I get a better understanding. And how are you assuming I wont upgrade my front componets? do you magically know everything someone is going to do?

I WANT TO KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH MY AMP THAT I HAVE SELECTED. lol. Iv gotten told it will work, then it wont. people said the power is fine, but the quality is bad,

You just said it. Power wise it is identical rms to that of the sub...but thats the spec sheet of the amp.

In actuallity they are not the greatest amps out there...some members have bad problems with them and their quality.

Some love em some hate em. Kinda like Hifonics...mine did great when I had it but its a budget amp. Nothing more.

You would be better off with the 800 listed before or something that does 600wrms at 1ohm or even a little more.

Im looking for a budget amp, like real low budget, so would this amp work?

http://www.amazon.co....ream+rub1.1000

Your link didnt work..but i think you were trying to post a soundstream rubicon 1000. The rubicon series seems to be well liked by this forum and Im actually considering it for my next build.

The problem is I dont think it will do what you want at 4ohm. Maybe run it at 1ohm and turn the gain down some.

Sorry, heres the link.

http://www.amazon.com/RUB1-1000D-Soundstream-Monoblock-Subwoofer-Amplifier/dp/B004H2AQTW/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1342559540&sr=1-2&keywords=soundstream+rub1.1000

Dude, you're CLEARLY young and have a lot to learn. We see new guys come onto this forum daily and weekly with ideas like yours. No matter how much good advice gets thrown their way, they don't take it. INSTEAD, they do it their way. Then they realize that they maybe didn't know it all once they've built something that didn't work. THEN they come back here to ask questions about what it is they did wrong. They are told MANY times by several knowledgeable guys what was wrong and they still don't take THAT advice.

You'll have to excuse me if I come off a little short, or a little "pissy" but guys come on here all the time with a pipe dream to run some MONSTER sub in their trunk, regardless of whether or not it's an ideal environment or not. 18s are fun and all, but 12s can do the same job or better in an optimal enclosure.

I'm not sure How many systems you have done before, and I don't know your skills or knowledge. My guess is, if you are here asking questions, you are still learning, as we all are.

If you wanted to give more feedback as to WHY you want an 18" I'm your trunk, maybe someone will help you. No one can help without you providing basic info like, box size, tuning, electrical upgrades on car, YOUR knowledge, and what your ultimate goal for the system is.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Dude, you're CLEARLY young and have a lot to learn. We see new guys come onto this forum daily and weekly with ideas like yours. No matter how much good advice gets thrown their way, they don't take it. INSTEAD, they do it their way. Then they realize that they maybe didn't know it all once they've built something that didn't work. THEN they come back here to ask questions about what it is they did wrong. They are told MANY times by several knowledgeable guys what was wrong and they still don't take THAT advice.

You'll have to excuse me if I come off a little short, or a little "pissy" but guys come on here all the time with a pipe dream to run some MONSTER sub in their trunk, regardless of whether or not it's an ideal environment or not. 18s are fun and all, but 12s can do the same job or better in an optimal enclosure.

I'm not sure How many systems you have done before, and I don't know your skills or knowledge. My guess is, if you are here asking questions, you are still learning, as we all are.

If you wanted to give more feedback as to WHY you want an 18" I'm your trunk, maybe someone will help you. No one can help without you providing basic info like, box size, tuning, electrical upgrades on car, YOUR knowledge, and what your ultimate goal for the system is.

You good man, I take criticism well. I haven't done any systems yet. I usually just go to a shop and let them do everything. I am getting rid of my 18 and looking to do 2 or 3 12's. I just need some input on which way to go with it. I already upgraded my alternator and got a few batteries. I am getting rid of the amp I have as well and going the route of Rockford Fosgate for subs, mids, and highs. I just like to hear input and use the knowledge I get from anybody. I created a post, but nobody responded to it.

Edited by yaboy22