SMZ2's Xterror. 1st Hairtrick!

Well all that cutting and there is no way 4 per door will fit because the seat is to close to the door. Even if I did it how I originally planned it will make my glove box and fusebox unusable unless the doors are opened all the way. I'm kinda frustrated ... any help guys?

can you do all 4 along the bottom?

No the back two were pushed all the way against the seat when the door was closed. I'm seriously considering taking a hammer to the door metal to flatten it out.

20131002_173617.jpg

This is why you test fit...

looks like there is some room above the fucker that won't fit

how about moving it up so it fits just right?

That may work. I already epoxyed the bottom two on the drivers door. I think I could definitely still get it to work. Also I'm going to have to get some more rings because the particle board rings broke when I pulled them apart.

Edit: the front top ring will hit the glove box but I don't care anymore lol

Yea I know how you feel about the crappy weather. Cold, windy, and a light mist of rain freaking sucks! Lol

Also, just be careful if you do some cutting or hammering on the metal of the door and make sure that your window is up while you do it. Don't wanna be replacing a window in the mix of it all.

FI BL18 Build Log: CLICK HERE!!

2003 Explorer Sport:

FI BL18

SoundQubed 2200 at 0.7ohm

Pioneer DEH-2500UI

Pioneer 6 x 8s

Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s

5 ft^3 box at 35hz

Lots of Mega Mat

SkyHighCarAudio_zpse6b4e501.png3abb2365-8d29-422d-a446-efa7a74b8dba_zps70e62980.jpgFILogo_zps400b37c1.jpg

Yea I know how you feel about the crappy weather. Cold, windy, and a light mist of rain freaking sucks! Lol

Also, just be careful if you do some cutting or hammering on the metal of the door and make sure that your window is up while you do it. Don't wanna be replacing a window in the mix of it all.

Yes it does! I think the weather is supposed to be nice again soon.

I don't want to cut the metal or hammer it really haha. I'm going to try a different set up first. I need to get a few new mdf rings now anyway since the particle board ones broke.

20131022_183117.jpg20131022_1818646.jpg this is how the doors sit as of now. One of my buddies is going to help me make some more rings soon so I'll be posting some more updates then. 20131022_181023.jpg Also I'm tinkering with a c pillar wall idea. Right now I'm just saving what I can though for this build. One I get all these papers out the way I will be working more on the xterra and at work.

• 1 month later...

20131202_143050.jpg20131202_144442.jpg20131202_144451.jpg

It's going to be very close but it's going to work. The 4th ring needs to be angled down some because the seat may hit the cone. I'm not cutting anymore until the panel is fiberglassed. The 4th ring will have plenty of space behind it.

Archived