SMZ2's Xterror. 1st Hairtrick!

CameraZOOM-20140412114343220.jpg

Trying to fix the warped driver panel. Going to sand the inside some and get some new plastic clips and maybe that will fix my problem.

Nice, you saved er. Doesn't look half bad. Patch that bad boy up nice n good, and it'll be good to go.

When you patch I would sandwich the mat, at least one big piece on top and one on bottom so it' has a nice lip on each side for reinforcement.. Then add more layers as you see necessary. More the better as that is now a weak spot in your panel. (It's on the door so it's bound to get kicked, bumped, hit, whatever).

As far as weight, you could always glass some bolts into the bottom part of your door panel and into the metal part of the door.

• 2 weeks later...

How'd you accomplish this?

CameraZOOM-20140412180325446.jpg

I ended up splicing into the factory wiring for my mids, couldn't get it through the factory boot. But I'm liking what you did.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

How'd you accomplish this?

CameraZOOM-20140412180325446.jpg

I ended up splicing into the factory wiring for my mids, couldn't get it through the factory boot. But I'm liking what you did.

I yanked out the grommet enough to get a drill bit through the grommet. Then I taped the wire to a screwdriver and went through the grommet inside the door and then I ran the wire through the drilled hole in the rubber grommet with a screwdriver. I pulled the grommet out so I could run the wire down the hole. After it comes out from under the dash I used pb blaster on the wire to grommet connection and pulled it to the back. Just be careful the first grommet ripped on the drivers side.

• 2 weeks later...

CameraZOOM-20140512192857719.jpgCameraZOOM-20140512193336298.jpgCameraZOOM-20140512194445928.jpgCameraZOOM-20140512194504452.jpgCameraZOOM-20140512195341800.jpg

This was as far as I got for the day. I am also working on a battery rack out of some 2x2s I had sitting around for the 3 d3100s. I have glue drying in one corner then after it drys I'm doing the same to the other corners. The plasti dip it to prevent corrosion. Also the fuse blocks have a little bit of rust but I don't believe it will affect proformance. I am going to cut up the covers to fit over the fuse. Currently the copper lug crimp is not allowing it to fit. Well I'm hoping to have more updates soon as far as finishing the doors and pillars. I'm trying to get the batteries in to test at least one door since I only have 4 mids at the moment.

CameraZOOM-20140514141519812.jpg

The beginning of a new battery rack plus mid amp rack.

CameraZOOM-20140514145944414.jpgCameraZOOM-20140514145953351.jpgCameraZOOM-20140514150000115.jpg

The amp rack will be completely removable so I can get to the batteries if need be or I can just remove the amp to get to them. The main reason the amp rack would be removable is just incase the batteries ever need replacing. I am going to build up the frame more but I'm running out of 2x2s I may need to make a trip to lowes soon.

CameraZOOM-20140514162813040.jpg

The middle is done. I'm trying to figure out how to attach the sides though.

I took several pictures today of the battery rack but photobucket is down right now so I will do a write up and then post some pictures tomorrow. Today I finished up the battery rack. I used angle iron and large self tapping metal screws to secure it through the floor of the car. I also removed the rest of the plastic panels in the cargo area to free up some more space for extra cubes. I don't have a lot of space so every little bit counts.

I posted some pictures before about a possible amp rack above the batteries for the 4 channel but I'm not sure if I like it or not. I will mess around with it some more. I also will be making a beauty panel for the the battery and amps once they are in so I may stick with it since that could hide any imperfections. I need to invest in some more saws. I made all my 2x2 cuts with a circular saw. I would have been much easier with a miter saw.

I'm going to try and finish up the driver door and the pillars soon. So hopefully I can have music again. I've just been busy at work lately so I've been making the most of my days off. After I finish up the doors and the pillars with the materials I currently have I will begin on the shell for the wall... things are about to get serious!

Archived