SMZ2's Xterror. 1st Hairtrick!

20131205_124134.jpg

What are the point of these... Like seriously... I was trying to keep my hands from getting covered in fiberglass dust but oh well.

20131205_130950.jpg

I love this corded dremel. I don't have to worry about it losing a charge like my battery powered one. Definitely my favorite tool for this build it make sanding edges so easy.

Get the gorilla ones from Home depot, or I think they're venom ones from Lowes are even better. Both black. The ones from Lowes are a little pricey but they are thick and last! Those blue ones are worthless as shit for this kind of work. Honestly. I do mechanic work in those venom ones, and they last a long time.

Get the gorilla ones from Home depot, or I think they're venom ones from Lowes are even better. Both black. The ones from Lowes are a little pricey but they are thick and last! Those blue ones are worthless as shit for this kind of work. Honestly. I do mechanic work in those venom ones, and they last a long time.

Thanks man. I'll have to check them out. I'm about out of these anyway lol. I went through like 4 pairs in an hour. Then I just quit changing them.

I did some more cutting on the back today. For only one layer of glass and one layer of resin on the front these panels are solid. The plan is overkill though. These won't have speakers in them until I run the wires anyway so I might as well make them really strong.

20131206_170843.jpg20131206_170859.jpg

Then I laid a second layer of kitty hair on the back. I will begin by adding resin in the morning it just got to dark to start mixing resin. These should be relatively strong panels when I am done. I just hope they are loud...

20131206_171816.jpg20131206_171820.jpg

Damn, builds looking awesome dude!

Build log: Click

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP

- 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s

- KNU 0ga

- 60 SqFt Damp Pro

Lots more...

Damn, builds looking awesome dude!

Thanks man. I am ready to have some bass again too haha. Hopefully I will be able to start on that soon. These doors should be loud! I hope haha.

Archived