SMZ2's Xterror. 1st Hairtrick!

Well I just secured the back of the battery bank. It's drying now. I have to say I love fiberglass because it is going to fix a lot of gaps in this build and make the box even stronger. Building over wheel wells is aggravating.

Well I just secured the back of the battery bank. It's drying now. I have to say I love fiberglass because it is going to fix a lot of gaps in this build and make the box even stronger. Building over wheel wells is aggravating.

Good work! Yeah finerglass makes some parts easier for sure and really adds strength too. Ready to see the box come together man.

Any ideas on how to secure the batteries? They are pretty snug now but I don't want them sliding out.

Some L brackets possibly?

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Some L brackets possibly?

I was thinking that would be the more solid of my choices. I was thinking that or the 2x2s.

I really should have cut this at an angle but I will find a way to cover it. I have room for more amps now though! 20140127_154430.jpg

I got for the most part the entire back of the wall up. The top piece is doubled up and drying right now. I will be putting that up in the morning. I have the front baffle already cut as well it just needs sub holes and to be cut down for the port. I will have to buy another sheet of mdf for the L portion of the port. Thats a lot of mdf for just a port.... I will be fiberglassing the crap out of all the gaps though this wall will be solid with no leaks. Some how I'll make it look nice too lol. 20140127_175543.jpg20140127_175603.jpg20140127_175701.jpg

I think this thing needs new filters... Reppin PSi while I can hardly breath through this thing LOL1390862005212.jpg

Well my dad brought home an old shop light from work today so I got the rest of the top on... it was pretty frustrating... turns out the left side length is a 1/2 inch short. I'm just going to make font baffle flush. With that being said there was a small gap between the top and one of the back pieces. I stretched some fabric across the gap and it will be glassed over. I'm really hoping the 1/2 inch difference won't be a big deal. Well here are the pictures.

20140128_000333.jpg20140128_000351.jpg20140128_001709.jpg

Holy shit this has come a long ways since the last time I saw it! What's the current plans for subs, amps, and batts? Also, do you ever come out towards the Greenville area?

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

Yes it has man! The subs will be two of the 18's that I was running fi bl/psi 18's, on two skar 2500.1s, I have a d3400 and 3 d3100s. No, but if you wanted to hear it when it's finally done we could meet up somewhere, I'm like 45min from Greenville. I should be hitting quite a few shows/comps this season too.

I used some liquid nail to fill the gaps for now. I will be glassing over the liquid nail too.

20140128_125024.jpg20140128_125043.jpg

You know what time it is!

20140128_145026.jpg

Archived