Getting Screwed by My workplace Any legal Gurus wanna chime in

in my opinion if they offer you a job than you can do, and you like it. leave the women the not so demanding ones,

after all they also need a job.

and it is sexual discrimination, but I think it is for a good cause!

fuck that. So youd take less money and work harder because the other job was given to a woman. Everyone is preaching PC and equal opportunity and thats bullshit. You get what you earn. You shouldnt get things given to you because of who you know what color your skin is or your gender etc. You should get it for busting your ass and proving your worth. What his company is doing is defnitely not ok in my book.

Most of us feel this way about it. Just can't think of a way to do anything about it. We know if we do anything the company is going to figure out a legal way to screw us for causing a glitch in the matrix. To lawyer up is risky considering we could loose the case and owe a pretty penny for legal fees. Even if we won I'm not sure it would do much for us. Maybe get the positions we should have gotten and money toward the legal battle. They should have to do something about it but the more I'm looking into it, the more I think we will basically have to live with it. None of us can afford to hire lawyers and take the risk. It should not be this way. You should not have to spend money to fix a problem that you are the victim of but that seems to be just the way it is.

Edited by rogue

in my opinion if they offer you a job than you can do, and you like it. leave the women the not so demanding ones,

fuck that. So youd take less money and work harder because the other job was given to a woman. Everyone is preaching PC and equal opportunity and thats bullshit. You get what you earn. You shouldnt get things given to you because of who you know what color your skin is or your gender etc. You should get it for busting your ass and proving your worth. What his company is doing is defnitely not ok in my book.

Yea but unfortunately in Corporate places its not like that. I work for a certain Telecom company and above my boss it is solid women until you hit CEO and VP's. Women are picked first and advance faster. Women that are also a minority advance the fastest....and not that anyone will really come out and say it publiclly but they have a quotta of white male to minority they have to keep or surpass. My stepdads on a high management level and is responsible for a large area of Southern California. They have to higher people somethimes solely on the fact that they are a "minority" even though there may be another person who is a white male that is much better qualified, because they can't have a work group entirley of white men or even white women. All political BS in my opinion.

It should be the best qualified gets the job period. No favoring.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Most of us feel this way about it. Just can't think of a way to do anything about it. We know if we do anything the company is going to figure out a legal way to screw us for causing a glitch in the matrix. To lawyer up is risky considering we could loose the case and owe a pretty penny for legal fees. Even if we won I'm not sure it would do much for us. Maybe get the positions we should have gotten and money toward the legal battle. They should have to do something about it but the more I'm looking into it, the more I think we will basically have to live with it. None of us can afford to hire lawyers and take the risk. It should not be this way. You should not have to spend money to fix a problem that you are the victim of but that seems to be just the way it is.

I would look for a new/better job and just work through your current one until you find another one. Fighting a corporation is like digging a swimming pool with your bare hands. You could win/finish....but in the end the amount of time and money lost...will it really be worth it?

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

lawyer up. Discrimination in the work place should not be tolarated.

Time and money spent on a lawyer....plus the possibilitty of losing your job makes that a poor choice IMHO.

I would love to see someone do that and stick it to the man for dicrimination...but in reality he is worried about losing his job or working a different shift. I doubt he has the money to lose his job...pay lawyer costs and fight this thing for years. They will drag it out as long as possible even if they know they will lose. purely for the reason most people dont have the funds to fight a long legal battle.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

I would look for a new/better job and just work through your current one until you find another one. Fighting a corporation is like digging a swimming pool with your bare hands. You could win/finish....but in the end the amount of time and money lost...will it really be worth it?

100% how I feel. No win possible. I'm actively looking for something new. I dread going to work not because i dont like the job but more because the place just sickens me to be in knowing how they have done people. I just don't even want to be associated with them at this point. But I need a job so I will put up with the bull shit until I can get out I guess.

your dawm right its not right. Yo need a civil right lawyer. It sounds to me like your rights have been shit on bigtime. !!

So you have any paperwork, statements, emails, etc, from the company itself or was it just said verbally? I had something similiar happen to me, but it was resolved due to both a hard copy company letter and email letter sent out to all employees.

Pushing it to the limits. Want more power. 

So you have any paperwork, statements, emails, etc, from the company itself or was it just said verbally? I had something similiar happen to me, but it was resolved due to both a hard copy company letter and email letter sent out to all employees.

This....was there not a job list? Cause you said " when we signed up there was jobs they didn't tell us about" sounds like you went through a third party for the job listing info instead of actually looking at what jobs where available that wouldnt be the companies fault. But if they posted separate list for women and men then you have a complaint

There was a paper copy we all had. But when they got to our names they called us over the phone to tell us what was still available and we had to choose based on what was left. Latter on we found out other jobs somehow just popped up that were never on the list at all. We only figured that out bc the people who were given those jobs were talking about it.