Sonic Electronix

Ok so I'm looking to do an update on my system.. I am going to an 18" sub.

I am curious as what everyone would recommend for the sub.

I don't have any deep pockets so I am maxing my limit to spend on the sub at $500.

I have been looking at a Level 3 DC 18, AQ HCD3.0 18, and the FI SP4 18.

I am just looking for a highly reliable subwoofer that isn't insanely power hungry but yet hits really good.

I would also like to know what your recommendation on an amplifier for the subwoofer you recommend.

Please leave your opinions and recommendations, also the price of the woofer and amplifier.

Thanks for the opinions and recommendations

what are you planning for electrical upgrades? and what do you consider power hungry because u mentioned a 2500 rms sub in your post. and do you have a price limit on the amp or total system?

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

what are you planning for electrical upgrades? and what do you consider power hungry because u mentioned a 2500 rms sub in your post. and do you have a price limit on the amp or total system?

Well I was lookin at the sp4 but I changed my mind on it just cause thats a little to spendy right now. And for the electrical upgrade im goin to get a 220amp alternator that is a GMC alt. and I'm going to do the big 3 and battery I'm not entirely sure yet. Im looking for an amp that will work perfectly with 4 gauge cause tryin to run 1/0 is goin to be to big of a pain in the a** to run. As for the amplifier price is the same range $500 tops that will be reliable and work efficiently.

with 4 gauge your going to be in the 1200 watt area so for that i would pick obsidian 18 or FI SSD or FI Q 18 and maybe a aq1200 or dc 1.2k or just something along those lines its really your preference

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

you should do the 1/0g. even if you dont, that amp takes 4g. DD2518(less than $500) or 3518(more than $500) and DDM1c

2004 cavalier 2 door 5 speedalpine cda-103skar pax 6.5s

power acoustik D1-6000power acoustic 4-2600soundquest 1/0 throughoutDC XL M2 18 walledstock altbig 3 donestock battery under hood, 1400cca 400ah semi battery in the trunk

Aq

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

i have a DC level3 18 and a 1.2k on it...i would say depending on what your putting it in its a fine setup...

maybe the aluminum coil AQ hdc3 18 and AQ1200 would be better

I am probably going to do a rebuild in the next couple months...just not as loud as I was hoping for..

no experience with any other 18s mentioned

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

i have a DC level3 18 and a 1.2k on it...i would say depending on what your putting it in its a fine setup...

maybe the aluminum coil AQ hdc3 18 and AQ1200 would be better

I am probably going to do a rebuild in the next couple months...just not as loud as I was hoping for..

no experience with any other 18s mentioned

I am driving a 2000 GMC Jimmy it does have some good space in the back.