Alpine 9883 Help

i was wondering if anyone has exp. with this HU? i just bought it last week. when i have the volume set at about 20 the mid and high pick up is great but when i turn in to 25 or higher it seems to get muffeled a little. any reason why? also ever since i hooked my new amp and subs up today i am hearing this weird kind static/cutting in and out really fast noise. can someone please help me with this. i have the 9883, a crunch comp. set on the passenger door i will do the drivers tomorrow, sony 6x9's in the rear, a hifonics txi6006, and 2 fusion encounter series 12 in a 2.0 cube box. i need help guys.

----reference's----

meade916

i have no idea. i have the same deck i just got it like two days ago and it works perfectly fine for me.?

i love it and it would not be worth me returning it. i wont get a price like i did on another deck. i love this think. it started happening wheni hooked my amp and subs up. could it be that i have only hace the comp. set on the pass. side, and a sony 4x6 on the driver side?

----reference's----

meade916

i think i found the problem. while sitting in the parking lot at giant eagle i noticed that i could not hear the highs like i could earlier today. so i adjusted the balance and the fader to where my comp. set is and my tweeter on the pass. side in not working. so i think the wires came off and are touching. which makes sense, the sound sounds like when a speaker is not connected all the way.

----reference's----

meade916

tha would make alot of sense like a pair of speaks is grounded out.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

tha would make alot of sense like a pair of speaks is grounded out.

i am hoping so. if the tweeter is the problem i will be pissed, but i would have to disconnect it and run some insignia tweeters in there place. or i could just leave them there and run the infinit 4x6 plate speakers i was originally

----reference's----

meade916

i found the problem. my crunch component set had a bad connection at the tweeter. i noticed it when i put them in, so i soldered it. i guess not good enought though. it ended up coming loose anyways. so i put in my old sony 4x6 which i hate. but they are alot louder and cleaner with this alpine. soi am happy.

----reference's----

meade916

Archived