2006 chevy silverado ext cab build.

Well, I've done some research, talked to some pros, may need a little more advice. I just want to be positive i'm doing the right setup for this truck.

I'm thinking I want to put two jl w12's in a custom center console build and tuned to spec.

Or can anybody more experienced give me any better ideas? Im looking for SPL and SQ, but more SQ than anything. Do I have the right subs for the truck? As far as air space and space in general goes? How would you guys build the box? Ported? Sealed? Tuning? I listen to all kinds of music. I want them to sound good with anything.

I also had the idea to throw a jl 10w3 in the mix. I invisioned 2 seperate setups, 2 bass knobs. The 2 12s for SPL, the 10 for SQ. Also, keep in mind i have no budget. Im willing to peice the setup together over a short period of time. I just need suggestions. Thanks.

If you plan on a Sound Quality system ... I'd start out with my front stage definition and head unit capabilities ...

sub stage "Fill" should be the last thing on you "To Do" list ...

in my opinion, you shouldn't need no more than 2 10s or 1 12 ported and tuned to or around 24 to 28 htz ... if you plan to go with the center console idea ...

then again ... just my suggestion here

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

you're not going to "Shake the block" with a downfire low tuned center console enclosure Sir ...

you're talking more of outlaw bass than Sound Quality ... you might as well take out your back seat ...

The only way I was able to get very strong bass and work for sound quality was to cut my back wall and hammer my subs with GOBS of class AB power ...

And from what I've seen ... JL subs are really nice when set up and tuned correctly ... but not "Shake the Block" material

Edited by Cablguy184

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

I was not talking about the capabilities of the drivers ... I know they can kick ass when set up correctly ... I was talking about the enclosure design ... dirving the subs more "up front" and lower tuning enhances stage and image with deeper, stronger, more dynamic bass ... If you want to be louder and just "sound good going down the road" I HIGHLY sugggest taking out your rear seat and build a larger, ported style enclosure ...

I definately understand the misconception here ... hence the reason why I cut my wall and adapted my enclosure as the new back wall ... yes, It blows through into the bed, but it does not touch the bed of my truck in ANY way ... I wanted stronger bass than what a center console enclosure could give me (at the time) and wanted to keep my back seat (enclosure done nothing to help me either) for the kids. So out came the air saw !!! LOL as far as I could tell, the results wer a positive ...

Edited by Cablguy184

but more SQ than anything.

I just want to shake the block.

Not literally "shake the block." I just meant really loud, really goid sounding bass.

My apologies here ... But I can not help out here unless you know exactly what you want out of your system ...

first its SQ, then shaking the block, what is it ??

Those subs can do just about whatever you need in a good sounding system ... But we really need to know exactly what you want in performance wise to be able to help you ...