Jl audio c3 6.5s?

Im looking into these speaker compos.

Can anybody give me a decent review on them?

Is there anything on the market better than these compos?

I have no budget so im willing to spend what I need to.

Im looking for best SQ, not bass. I have subs for that. Ive seen some nice looking focals. Im real big on mid-based, warm sounding speakers.. I dont want my ears to fall off with harsh highs.

Any suggestions?

i can't tell you about the c3's but i have had some jl audio tr's and thought they were kind of harsh , but i was also running them on deck power (alpine) they are currently out of stock but here is a deal if you want to give them a try . i didn;t care to wait otherwise i would have jumped on these for $130 a pair . still might in the near future .

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_27143_JL-Audio-C3-650CW.html

My buddy has some hybrids, thought they sounded pretty good. I dont know I felt like something was missing. I guess I need to do even more research.

Maybe Hertz?

And I dont know, I guess i get fooled into thinking the cheaper the product, the least productive. I guess thats why I occasionally go bankrupt with my "high end" spending. $130 is obviously a reasonable price, but will they perform like a higher end speaker? Doubtful! But i could be wrong.

Edited by AudioextremezJL

I've heard C2's, and ZR's, and they both sound terrible. Too damn bright

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Well the tweets are gonna be bright regardless, and im fine with that, I would just rather my mid speakers act as mid speakers, and not as mid-highs.

I just want an equal balance throughout and havent really been able to find my match. The c3s fit my liking the best so far. The only downfall I have on the underground-type brands such as image dynamics, hybrid, morel so forth, is that I cant just go to my local car audio store and demo. I have to read reviews and go with my gut and hope I made the right choice.

Edited by AudioextremezJL

You can always get the components, but replace the tweeters with a different one.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

My buddy has some hybrids, thought they sounded pretty good. I dont know I felt like something was missing. I guess I need to do even more research.

Maybe Hertz?

And I dont know, I guess i get fooled into thinking the cheaper the product, the least productive. I guess thats why I occasionally go bankrupt with my "high end" spending. $130 is obviously a reasonable price, but will they perform like a higher end speaker? Doubtful! But i could be wrong.

I bought some Morel Maximo 6's and love them. The mid range is there and the bass out of them is great as well. The tweeters don't have a flush mount, or a 0-3db level control. However they didn't seem too loud or too low for me. They go for $140. You should take a listen to them first since everyone has a different ear to sound.

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT