Sonic Electronix

Which One 4 Kenwood Excelons Or 2 Obsidian 12's???

The specs on the Kenwoods are actually not terrible. In the right box they could sound great, should even get the lows pretty decent.

They Dont Sound Bad At All!!! Each Subs Has Its On 2 Inch Port I Do Like Em But I Feel Like I Can Get More Out Of Em... The Hit The Tight Bass Notes Well Kinda In And Out On The Deep Lows

the way the woofers play all comes down to the box design. unfortunately 2 inch ports doesn't really help whatsoever. i assume you mean the high notes play well and the low notes dont. indication there that the box is tuned pretty high, or maybe its a prefab which are generally tuned high.

if you go with the obsidians, and you get two more down the line, you either have to run 2 amps and gain match them (along with the other knobs on the amp), or get an amp that does like 3000w at 2 ohms.

Yeaa I Figured That... I Have No Issue With Upgrading My Amplifier

but then you're gonna have to get a new alternator, and an agm battery or two.

Edited by Kranny

The specs on the Kenwoods are actually not terrible. In the right box they could sound great, should even get the lows pretty decent.

They Dont Sound Bad At All!!! Each Subs Has Its On 2 Inch Port I Do Like Em But I Feel Like I Can Get More Out Of Em... The Hit The Tight Bass Notes Well Kinda In And Out On The Deep Lows

the way the woofers play all comes down to the box design. unfortunately 2 inch ports doesn't really help whatsoever. i assume you mean the high notes play well and the low notes dont. indication there that the box is tuned pretty high, or maybe its a prefab which are generally tuned high.

Yeaa Thats What I Meant Thanks... I Built The Box Myself And Yeaa It Ended Up Being Tuned High Due Too Space But It Sounded A Hell Of Alot Better Once

I Did Port It But I Planned On Building Another One Or Ordering One From Dave The Bx Guy

if you go with the obsidians, and you get two more down the line, you either have to run 2 amps and gain match them (along with the other knobs on the amp), or get an amp that does like 3000w at 2 ohms.

Yeaa I Figured That... I Have No Issue With Upgrading My Amplifier

but then you're gonna have to get a new alternator, and an agm battery or two.

Lol Yeaa I Know It... Ill Do What Needs Too Be Done

just get a design from someone on here. preferably 412cvx (or 412 cvx i forget if there is a space)

what kind of car do you have? squeezing more woofers into a trunk, for example, can make you quieter than if you put less woofers inside a properly sized box.

just get a design from someone on here. preferably 412cvx (or 412 cvx i forget if there is a space)

what kind of car do you have? squeezing more woofers into a trunk, for example, can make you quieter than if you put less woofers inside a properly sized box.

Where Could I Get A Design??? And I Have A 08 Scion XB No Trunk

Yeaa Thats What I Meant Thanks... I Built The Box Myself And Yeaa It Ended Up Being Tuned High Due Too Space But It Sounded A Hell Of Alot Better Once

I Did Port It But I Planned On Building Another One Or Ordering One From Dave The Bx Guy

dave the box guy =$$$

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Where Could I Get A Design??? And I Have A 08 Scion XB No Trunk

read the bold

My girlie has an 08 Scion which I'm scheming on throwing a box into also. There's plenty of space back there for a good sized box. I was gonna go with 4 Sundown SA8 v2s, that way I could still keep some cargo area behind the box.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.