Sundown Audio

Mids/Highs Amps Go into Protect - Troubleshooting Help Please

Check the resistance on those. Gotta single out every component.

I will do that when I get back to my car anything else I should check or change? I am going to add a ground in the rear and see if that helps any.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

dont mean to jack the thread, but how do you measure resistance in a crossover? do you have to have the speakers attached to it and measure the "amp in" terminals on the xover?

Thats a good friggin question I was just going to check it from the speaker wire at the amp (which runs back to the crossover)

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

How are the RCA connected to both amps? Each has its one sets of RCA from receiver?

Yes the amps are in 2 channel operation with one pair of RCA's each.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

dont mean to jack the thread, but how do you measure resistance in a crossover? do you have to have the speakers attached to it and measure the "amp in" terminals on the xover?

That.....I'm not even sure of. Ask Ray is the best bet. I'm in class right now, so I can't research it. Google it and see if you can find anything on it.... Or pm Ray.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Okay here it is I have re wired all of the speakers and I have straight lines front to back no crimping. Measured the wires in the back and I am reading ohms like I should be. I re did my grounds and I now have one ground at the front batt and 2 in the rear all very solid on the rear struts. Played the amps with all speakers unplugged and re tuned them no issues again when I plug in the speakers (I even tried just the ones in the back) as soon as I get pass a certain volume the amps go into protect really quick and then come back on. I usually back the volume down after this. I noticed it seems to only be on a bass line. Measured voltage at each amp and each is seeing between 14.1v and 14.2v there is no bass in the car right now until I figure out this issue. I dont know where else to troubleshoot but I am running out of ideas here.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

This is a bit of a rush because if there is an issue with the amps themselves then I need to hurry up and return them to the person I bought them from before its too late (Amps purchased off of ebay).

Just a recap when I was only using one of these amps everything worked fine and I can play as loud as I wanted with no issues I now add another amp and I am having problems. Nothing else has changed I have 2 STL4.500's and 1 TX1.1300 wired up right now. Before I only had 1 STL4.500. Are there any other things I need to test or try to diagnose where my issue could be?

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

What ohm load is the amp stable to and what's the final ohm load on each of the channels?

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

What ohm load is the amp stable to and what's the final ohm load on each of the channels?

2 ohms unbridged 4 ohms bridged each channel is seeing 4 ohms independently. I am starting to think it may be the crossovers or the remote wire causing issues but I am not sure why either would. I am going to go out there today and give it a shot and see what happens. I still need to gain match the amps but I want to solve this problem before I do so.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Did you ask Ray about this yet?

I had that problem before with it cutting off at a certain volume when the bass hits, then it would come right back on.... That was when I had to rerun all my speaker wires and I found that bad crimp. I also adjusted my EQ so all the speakers wouldn't be seeing all the lower bass tones.

What are the filters setup like on the amp?

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Did you ask Ray about this yet?

I had that problem before with it cutting off at a certain volume when the bass hits, then it would come right back on.... That was when I had to rerun all my speaker wires and I found that bad crimp. I also adjusted my EQ so all the speakers wouldn't be seeing all the lower bass tones.

What are the filters setup like on the amp?

I just posted the question in his tech support thread.

EQ is flat right now and the amp HPF is set at 80hz for all channels.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif