Sundown Audio

Mids/Highs Amps Go into Protect - Troubleshooting Help Please

So I woke up early this morning and since it was finally sunny outside I decided to finish wiring up my temp system. After wiring everything and setting the gains and frequencies with the DD-1/CC-1 (Still need to gain match) I plugged in my speaker wires and proceeded to test the system. Everything was playing fine until I tried to turn it up to my max undistorted volume (35/40) and when I got to 28 one side cut off when I got to 30 both amps went into protect. I checked my voltage and my grounds and everything is solid, none of this happened while I was tuning the amps so I figure it must be the speaker wires. The remote wires are fused on a relay into a barrier strip. I tested the ohms of the speaker wires and they all read fine except one from each amp. On the left side amp one speaker wire is reading 10 ohms and on the right side amp one speaker wire is reading 13 ohms. I have not had a chance to go check and see which speakers these wires are going to but is the high ohms causing the amps to protect or is it something else and why would the speakers be seeing such a high ohm. I do know the wire goes to either my 6.5" coaxials or my 4" coaxials just not sure which ones yet.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Attempted to troubleshoot the amp by unplugging the speakers with the high ohm load and the issue still remains now I am stumped.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Is it the stock speaker wire, or did you run all new wire?

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Is it the stock speaker wire, or did you run all new wire?

New Speaker wire. I have Audiopipe Red/Black 12 gauge on the Coaxials and Stinger 12 gauge on the comps

What amp model and specs? What speaker impadence and how are they being hooked up per amp?

It is 2 Soundstream Stealth STL4.500's. Its really weird because when I only had one in their while I was building the amp rack everything worked fine but now that I have added the second one this is happening. Nothing has changed aside from me adding 1 power and 1 ground to my rear batts.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Gottatrace those wires and see what speakers they run to... I chased mine down for a good week for the same problem. Turned out to be a bad crimp :shrug:

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Gottatrace those wires and see what speakers they run to... I chased mine down for a good week for the same problem. Turned out to be a bad crimp :shrug:

The crazy ohm load is from the 4". It was driving me crazy so I traced it them on my lunch break. :lol2: I am going to take apart my doors and re do all the crimps and see if that could be my issue. Any other ideas on what could be causing the issue?

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

You checked the resistance of the wires while they were unhooked from the amp, right?

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

you said it protects even with no speaker wire attached to the amp?

No it protects even when I unplugged the one speaker wire with the crazy ohm load. With nothing connected the amps are fine atleast I think they are because I was able to tune them with the DD-1 and CC-1 with no issues at all.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif