Second Skin Audio

what subs and amp do i need, how much power

So i know im not really like everyone else on this forum im kinda building my system backwards. i have completed my mids and highs stage of my system

i currently have this set up

Alpine CDA-9887 head unit set on active

2 Alpine V12 MRV-F545 4 channel amps

2 crescendo PWX 8" mids

6 crescendo PWX 6" mids

6 crescendo ft1 super tweeters

Amp one will have one 8" mid on each of channels 1, and 2 wired to 4 ohms per channel crossed over at 80hz

mounted in door panels 250w rms total

will have 4 super tweeter on each of channels 3, and 4 wired to 2.67 ohms per channel crossed over at 3400hz

2 in each door panel, 2 in center consol, 415w rms total

Amp two will have one 6" mid on each of channels 1, and 2 wired into 4 ohms per channel crossed over at 100 hz

Mounted in custom kick panels 250w rms total

Will have two 6" mid on each of channels 3, and 4 wired into 2 ohms per channel crossed over at 100hz

mounted in door panels 500w rms total

all together thats about 1415 watts rms for my mids and highs. i knwo thats alot but i love the sound of loud as shit good quality mids and highs. now here comes the reall question

what about the bass i know i need it and more than that i want it im lacking it but how many watts do i need to keep up with my mids and highs

i was thinking two diamond audio d6 15's in a 7 cube box tuned to 33 hz on a JBL Gto14001 that would give me 1500w rms for my subs but is that really enough for that much mids and highs??

or should i try to save the money to get two diamond audio hex pro 15's and a JBL Gto24001. and make the same size and tuned box

and yes i have already decided on diamond audio for subs and the jbl gto amps. just need to know what you guys thing about my ideas??

Head Unit -- Alpine CDA-9887

Mids and highs -- 2 Crescendo PWX-8's

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

4 Crescendo FT-1 Super tweeters

Mids and Highs amps -- 2 Alpine V12 MRV-F545

Subs -- TBD

Sub amp -- Crescendo Bass Cleff BC2000.

Sub Box -- Ported box 9 cubic foot tuned to 37hz for 2 15 with 140 inch port area

Processor - Alpine imprint

to do what you want to do, youll also need a good eq you high and low pass all speakers other wise youll get cancleation

youll want a 12db slop

amp1

ch 1&2 high 70hz, low 200hz 12db slop ( single pwx 8" 4ohm p/ch @ 125rms ea)

ch 3&4 high 5k, 12db slop (4x ft1 8ohm p/ch @2ohm final 250rms, 62rms ea)

amp 2

ch 1&2 high 200hz, low 5k 12db slop (single pwx 6.5" 4ohm p/ch @ 125rms ea)

ch 3&4 high 200hz, low 5k 12db slop (2x pwx 6.5" 4ohm p/ch @ 2ohm final 125rms ea)

as for subs idd save, as if your suggesting it, you must want it, and if you dont get what you really want, youll end up redoing it again

to do what you want to do, youll also need a good eq you high and low pass all speakers other wise youll get cancleation

youll want a 12db slop

amp1

ch 1&2 high 70hz, low 200hz 12db slop ( single pwx 8" 4ohm p/ch @ 125rms ea)

ch 3&4 high 5k, 12db slop (4x ft1 8ohm p/ch @2ohm final 250rms, 62rms ea)

amp 2

ch 1&2 high 200hz, low 5k 12db slop (single pwx 6.5" 4ohm p/ch @ 125rms ea)

ch 3&4 high 200hz, low 5k 12db slop (2x pwx 6.5" 4ohm p/ch @ 2ohm final 125rms ea)

as for subs idd save, as if your suggesting it, you must want it, and if you dont get what you really want, youll end up redoing it again

i can do all of that on my amp and my sub i really dont need an eq for that. my deck has the 4 way active crossover built in with a 5 band parametric eq in the head unit and my amps have all built in elecrtonic crossovers but if thats not good enough what kind of eq should i get

but i do get why you say that

Edited by jbiddle.com

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

Subs -- TBD

Sub Box -- Ported box 9 cubic foot tuned to 37hz for 2 15 with 140 inch port area

Well go for the 2.4K setup considering that front stage.. but I'm just curious on why are you locked on those brands for sub/amp, not to say are bad stuff.

i guess im not locked on to those brands i just love the look and sound of the diamond audio subs and the jbl amp as well as the jbl amp being very efficient.. and i can get them pretty cheap as well.. and i know theres much better brands out there i have been looking at ssa icons and dc level 3 and audioque hdc3s too but i dont know what it is about diamond that keeps drawing me back i have just always liked them

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

Subs -- TBD

you're gonna need a high output alt and some batteries. just to let you know

edit: you've never used ssa or dc or aq, so theres no way to tell if your diamonds are better than them or not.

Edited by Kranny

edit: you've never used ssa or dc or aq, so theres no way to tell if your diamonds are better than them or not.

i have a mechman 270 amp alternator and a xs power 3400d battery and a my wires stinger 1/0.

and i never said diamond was better i just said diamond was what i like.. i want it to be show quality as well as great sound quality

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

Subs -- TBD

i have a mechman 270 amp alternator and a xs power 3400d battery and a my wires stinger 1/0.

and i never said diamond was better i just said diamond was what i like.. i want it to be show quality as well as great sound quality

i never really said you said that either...lol

sound quality. oh boy here we go. im sure you have NO idea what a real SQ system sounds like. i dont either, but 99% of the people that say they want "good sq" couldn't fucking tell the difference between a focal subwoofer and a kicker subwoofer. chances are, virtually almost every sub will sound "good" to you, and tons of other people.

the way the subwoofer sounds is in the box design.

to be honest, diamond subwoofers arent exactly the first thing to come to mind when i think of "show quality"

yeah i under stand what your saying.. and i dont mean like something you would see at sema or an auto show i just want something that would impress people at a local car show is what i meant. sorry for the miss understanding. and also i have heard focal and im definatly not the person who thinks they sound like kicker. and i also know true sound quality doesnt come out of ported encosures either. i know this. but i am going to be mounting the subs inverted in a custom fiberglass enclosure so you will see the motor structure. and to me the motor structure of the d6 is a piece of art. and when i say sound quality i dont mean a 25 thousand dollar system. i want the best sound quality i can get in a ported enclosure while still getting decently loud. or what you people call SQL

Edited by jbiddle.com

4 Crescendo PWX-6's

Subs -- TBD