Second Skin Audio

First box ever. will it work?

gt58

I'm not sure how the CEA ratings work, but i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that that rating was done in 06.

But i'm not gonna be captain hindsight here.

"this amplifier is CEA-2006 compliant so all wattage specifications are true to industry standard. The Kenwood KAC-9105D also has the Capability for a 1-Ohm load to achieve over 900 watts RMS!"

I'm not sure how the CEA ratings work, but i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that that rating was done in 06.

But i'm not gonna be captain hindsight here.

"this amplifier is CEA-2006 compliant so all wattage specifications are true to industry standard. The Kenwood KAC-9105D also has the Capability for a 1-Ohm load to achieve over 900 watts RMS!"

I still don't believe it lol.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

You should have screwed the port into the baffle. I see no screws attaching that port. I know you applied resin, but I'm not sure how much. Simply placing a few screws on the bottom of the box going into the port piece and the top for a total of maybe 12-14 screws total would have been a good way to assure the port doesn't wiggle loose. I've seen them do it before. Maybe not on a 300 watt sub, but it makes good habit to get into for higher power applications. Also, that amp will NOT do 900 watts clean and clip free. It will also go into protect like a motherfucker if you wore it at 1 ohm.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

You should have screwed the port into the baffle. I see no screws attaching that port. I know you applied resin, but I'm not sure how much. Simply placing a few screws on the bottom of the box going into the port piece and the top for a total of maybe 12-14 screws total would have been a good way to assure the port doesn't wiggle loose. I've seen them do it before. Maybe not on a 300 watt sub, but it makes good habit to get into for higher power applications. Also, that amp will NOT do 900 watts clean and clip free. It will also go into protect like a motherfucker if you wore it at 1 ohm.

we used the nail gun and used a good amount of resin.

the amp claims 900@2

2 ohm load, hes got the dual 4. its a "300" rms sub, with his current electrical he could expect a clean 700 on it? on stock batt/alt + big 3 + dd1 tune for the clean signal.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived