Sonic Electronix

To start off, wonderful site and community here people! :)

I'm new and wasn't sure if this was a wiring or what category. My apologies.

I have a 2006 Cadillac CTS non bose which i am leaving for the time being. I will be swapping everything out at a later time so it'll just be one big jump on it.

I am wanting to supplement the existing subwoofer that is built in with two little 12's i was given. My only hindrance here is the remote turn on lead for the amp, and the RCA for the input. I cannot for the life of me make sense of some of the wiring diagrams at cadillacfaq.com

The stock amp is the acdelco that is OEM and i want to run these subs off the same channel as the existing sub so the factory HU still controls it. Sorry if it sounds like I'm talking in circles guys, long day.

There in lies another issue. The factory amp controls everything from my full range speakers in my doors and pillars to my volume. Can't simply unhook it all without losing my volume control.

Could i use the wires feeding the factory sub as inputs? It is a dvc. Could i somehow use a converter to change that to RCA?

There in lies another issue. The factory amp controls everything from my full range speakers in my doors and pillars to my volume. Can't simply unhook it all without losing my volume control.

Could i use the wires feeding the factory sub as inputs? It is a dvc. Could i somehow use a converter to change that to RCA?

YAY!!!... welcome to my world... and others........... The ole "shit, just swap your HU or whatever" doesnt play nice with some vehicles...........

And yes..there are ways......... the RF 3sixty is specifically built just for that, along with great line output converters........... and there is even cheaper methods.........

Shit,... let me RE read you first post man.......

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

Can i ask how nutty you wanna get?

Lets get it str8,

right now you just want to add a sub amp and some subs?.........

Edit - Like you just want to tap in a LINE OUTPUT CONVERTER (loc) ????? to get you some RCA's to you sub amp???....

Am i off of what you want????

And getting a switched ON is cake,.. dont trip on that yet

Edited by KyLar96

Solja: i wouldn't even begin to understand which one to use, im afraid.

Kylar: for now im just wanting to tie in an aftermarket amp which will power the new subs. I can get the ground and power but cannot seem to find the remote turn on for the amp nor anything to use for inputs, my amp only has RCA for input. Boo.