SnowDrifter Posted July 27, 2012 Report Posted July 27, 2012 First off: 2003 Subaru forester DDM HIDs 4500k dual beam bulbs, 55w slim digital ballast If I turn on my headlights, everything is fine and dandy. But if I turn on my fog lights too, my drivers side headlight aims up slightly. Not quite into high beam mode, but enough to be noticed. Problem #2: if I turn on my high beams, my fog lights turn off like normal and my high beams turn on. But when I turn the high beams off, they still stay on. Now if I turn off my fog lights, the lights will revert to low beam mode like they should. If I never turn my fog lights on, they seem to function normally. I don't even know where to start with this kind of stuff. The power wires is hooked up, the grounds are sanded, and the wiring is hooked up the way it looked like it should go (connector x to connector x, connector y to connector y, relay plugged into the factory headlight socket) Quote ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
SnowDrifter Posted July 27, 2012 Author Report Posted July 27, 2012 Like changing bulbs from one side to the other or getting new ones altogether? Quote ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
BEEMDUB Posted July 27, 2012 Report Posted July 27, 2012 Like changing bulbs from one side to the other or getting new ones altogether? just take a bulb from the other side first and try it on the side thats acting up...it sounds like a bulb problem to me Quote
SnowDrifter Posted July 27, 2012 Author Report Posted July 27, 2012 If I switch the bulbs, the problem seems to switch sides with it. I guess that would mean a bulb problem? Quote ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Guest Posted July 27, 2012 Report Posted July 27, 2012 if the problem changes sides when you switch bulbs, 99% chance its the bulbs. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.