Sonic Electronix

Ok so seriously, for you sundown guys, what do they have that compairs to the jl w6 12, and w7 12, as well as the Rockford p3, the punch hx2 and the power hx2? Power handling doesn't matter to me, just because one sub is power hungry and another is not, is no real measure of spl or sq. Price doesn't matter either as that has no bearing on a stereo build anyway. also i wanna say the Rockford sound lab van is insane 10k rms to several p3 15s...def a record setting van....so how does sundown compare? I have hx2s and p3s and w6s just laying around already

First off, no vs threads!

Second, the soundlab is alright, its a different expierence because your facing the woofers in a tiny square room. It does sound nice but its no record setting van by any means!!

I was kind of disappointed they used so little power on the setup when they could of easily ran more..

My truck with 4 fi btl 15s on about the same power made the rf reps shit, and 1 wouldnt even sit inside of it, I even think I have 1 of the reps saying it on camera when he asked me if I wanted hearing protection!

While the subs you listed are good woofers, a corresponding sized Nightshade v2 can do everything a w7 or p3, or even t2 can do, and come in at a lower price point. However Im more of a fan of Fi or Ascendant Audio woofers (to each their own tho) It dont matter what we like, it matters what you like. Your the one that has to be happy with the install and the time and money spent.

Power ratings comes into play a lot, a 500 watt sub getting 500 watts rms generally will rarely be louder than a 1000 watt sub getting 1000 watts rms. When you start getting into some of these brands such as Sundown their woofer is rated for 2000watts rms, but the thing will take 5000+ watts rms without failing as long as your power is clean, and unclipped and you have a good box, along with good electrical in your vehicle. The same can be said about the top of the line Fi, Ascendant, DC audio, Digital Designs, and a bunch of the other woofers that are not widely known of by the general audio buyers unless they do a lot of research online and know the products available to them besides what sold at their local audio shop.

As in any case, a good or bad box can make or break the build, a bad box could make the best woofer sound like a $30 Pyle woofer.

Here is the video I was talking about, a little before 1minute in to the video you can hear 1 rf rep asking if I want the headphones, and the other one saying my truck is louder than this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU3LDBVfkTs&feature=plcp

Archived