Its hot, soo, how hot is hot???...

You could always make a little heat sheild that bolts up to the exhaust and shields heat away from the alt.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I think im probably worrying about nothing.........

I did see up to 220. Ride home is around 45 mins, and its at least 95. The ride is all on freeway, so, the air flow is there most of the time........

(click right on it)

th_IMG_0721.jpg

Even with the fairly "quick" ride, and such,... i think im tripping about nothing.....

With that,..... is there someone that has had a alt take a dump from heat? Ya know? at what point ? what was the deal behind the failure?......

And thanks for listening to me bitch, and moan guys,... Im now thinking i need to shut my head down at times,... and accept what happening... (just hate that sometimes!!)

Thanks all.. :drink40:

Edited by KyLar96

I have had oem alternators fail a couple times on my 65 el camino, mostly it was due to the bearings fucking up. That was because i usually tightend the belt too much. Once the bearings get worn out and start making noise it creates more friction and the alts days are numbered.

Edited by bassface