Sonic Electronix

Ok to build wall on folded seats and with headliner in?

your port is choked off being to close to the back hatch. drop your seats and move your box up 6 inches and see how much louder it is

thats how i compete, pulled out like 6 inches (part my my prob is my amp rack but ill take that out soon) but the 141.9 was with it about 6-10 inches away from back

Ive been posting a lot the AA mayhem im working up to get so sorry if im getting annoying but. . i have a 99 jeep grand cherokee. Id like to do a wall but i just need my back seats. so i thought about doing a 1/3 wall i have enough room to do it i think im just wondering what people think about it and how it may perform. on top of that is it just stupid to wall a single 18?

Current Setup

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

HU Kenwood KDC - 352U

Concept HPN - 1500

Skar VVX 15 D4

Custom Box Tuned to ~32Hz

Cadence 4 Gauge Power and Ground Wire

Stock speakers, big 3 is NOT done

When people say i have a dv level 4 xl does that simply mean its a level 4 and they reconed with an xl cone and vc and such? always wdonered ghaha

I'll be going from 1 Skar VVX 15 D4 to two of them. Any input would be much appreciated but heres what id like

max dimensions are 40 wide, 20 pref deep but 25 max, 15-20 high

Subs up port back

5 cubic feet after displacement. . .

tuned to 33-35hz

id like the port in the middle or bottom whichever is easier

will be going in a 99 jeep grand cherokee

also will be doing a double baffle and countersinking the subs (:

Basically i want to add some nice strong clear mids and highs to my system. right now i have big 3. DC level 4 18, American bass HD3500. stock speakers. my kenwood deck has 3 outs so thats good.. . . i was thinking about adding some 8's 6.5's and tweets in the front doors. and some basic (well still decent) 6.5 components in the rear doors. i have a 99 jeep grand cherokee. going to do some modifying to the doors panels so dont worry about depth and such. i want an active front stage and passive rear. i am thinking a 4 channel for my 8's and 6.5's and a 2 channel for my tweets. and then a 2 channel for the rear. the more i look i see the that 8's are basically big 6.5's, as far as freq response so why are they good to have? any suggestions on what i should get would be very heplful as im very very new to this. budget is about 150 for eack pair ( 8's, 6.5s, tweets, and rear 6.5s) so 600 total. amps i havnet gotten to haha

and id really like the brand of the speakers to match each other justsayin

so what subs do you actually have? we've all heard talking but no actual pics of subs...?

:)

1 DC Level 4 18" M2 D2 coils. Big 3 done in Knuconepts 1/0, an American Bass HD 3500.

i also have an autotek mm75.4 powered on but no speakers on it yet. all speakers are stock but literally tomorrow i have some crunch components coming in (something cheap) and some more leds

and the blue leds you see here are replacments for the stock yellow courtesy lights, they arent led strips or anything. . . those are coming though

EDIT: and the wire used here was a 1 day thing. i now have cadence 8 gauge haha

DSC01600.jpg

DSC01601.jpgDSC01659.jpg

DSC01640.jpg

DSC01595.jpg

DSC01597.jpg

DSC01599.jpgDSC01605.jpgDSC01607.jpg

what is your Resonant Frequency?...my 05 JGC is 47hz....I didnt find this out til after I had mine metered...but your best bet to get higher numbers is to find out your Resonant Frequency and burp at that Frequency or in that area...might help a get you up a little on the TL...

I would start with a new box...like mentioned alot of things can bump your score like deadener, and so on....

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Archived