Head unit works only on battery

So I sold my Jeep to someone last week and they gave me a call last night. He said that the stereo only works with only the battery on and when he turns the actual ignition on and starts the car no sound comes out of the speakers/stereo doesn't even work I don't remember which.

I have never heard of something like this and it's never happened to me. Got any ideas of what it could be?

E34 540iT/6

oh. well thats a good point! is anything else not working or just the deck? if its just the deck tell him to find a good switched power and get one of these.

49377357-4055-4945-a6a2-1e7bb04a08b9.JPG

NEUMAN

Dafuq is that exactly? Looks like a fused fuse lol

Edited by wmrcs

E34 540iT/6

you ask what he changed?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

^what that guy said!

that thing is called an add-a-fuse. the bottom slot you put your factory fuse in. the top one you install the one for your needed add on. these are good to i think 20 amps. don't know why it shows a 30 amp fuse. LOL i have used them in some older cars that didn't come with stereo's or any kind of harness'.

NEUMAN

you ask what he changed?

He didn't change anything...

it works while you own it, then stops working one week after a new guy owns it... i would bet he did something to it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.