Sonic Electronix

Honda/Acura Coupe/4dr Owners, Come Inside :)

well as long as it doesnt slip at 2-3k rpm on 4.5k-5kwrms.. ill be fine

i doubt it will slip doing idle voltage and my current setup pulls like 140 amps so.

i mean what are your thoughts?

DC power has a great product, however from having alot of friends who compete hardcore and have dealt with them as well as reading things about them, their CS sucks big time and they can be slow at times for anything other then GM alts... I'm not saying that you shouldnt go that route, but things like that make me hesitant... CS is a big factor when i decide what company to use/buy from.... Nate at Excessive amperage is my personal preference... If i didnt think it would have taken 1-2months to get an alternator and didnt think I would have had slipping I would have got the 270 DC Power

IMO I'd save the money(prob roughly $150-$200 between the two sizes, depending on exact size and options as well as company) get a mechman or excessive amperage or even check with Ohio generator...get a 200-220 with adjustable voltage and use the money you save on good batteries and good/or OFC wiring. With around a 220a ho alt quality ofc wiring and say a d3400 and d3100(or XS power xp3000) you would be good for 5k. Going off XS power's battery chart, with those 2 youd be goo for 7500watts..

Oh also check with mike singer..

http://singeralternators.com/

http://www.ohiogen.com/

http://mechman.com/

http://www.excessiveamperage.com/

thanks for sharing that ELD bypass,gonna get that for my car soon

also the max dimensions I came up with for 7th gens (01-05) is 39"W,18"H,25"D for a perfect rectangle shape,you could squeeze out a little more but the box would have to be wedged against the rear seats

Singer said he has a 175 amp. Lol

damn thats retarded lol

EA prices are 225a is $430 and 200a is $390, thats from almost a year ago tho.... I know he car rebuild the stock one too

I meant what are your thoughts about belt slippage?

Will I slip pulling 270 amps at 3k?

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

I have limited knowledge in general when it comes to mechanical things, but I can tell you using the stock belt length with the 225a I have on my car the belt is about .25-.75 of an inch to long an I've tried 2-3 times with other belts and either they are to short or still a tad long.... so sometimes on cold starts or under load from me competing or demoing I get a lil slippage/ squeal.

Also I've asked a bunch of friends mechanics engineers and bass heads that have built serious setups with triple and quard alt setups they all have said that I'd get belt slip with that big of a alternator... Maybe it has to do with the motor and the speed the belt spins I have no idea...

I'm just letting you know from my experience and research that you may have issues...

Your best bet is to call and talk to dc power or what I'd do is call and talk with ea and Mechman to get a better understanding of why dc power can make such a big unit but yet the other ho alt companies cant...

Hmm I still want a 270 under the hood. Lol I really do. I want rock rock rock solid voltage

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

My point is though If it does slip you won't get 270 amps out of it so there for it would be a waste...

Do some research with the various companies so you understand better...There has to be a valid reason why everyone except dc power doesn't make bigger then a 225a for our car... Just seems like one of those things that seems To good to be true

Archived