Sonic Electronix

Honda/Acura Coupe/4dr Owners, Come Inside :)

This thread is for Honda Civic owners that want to come in here and offer tips, tricks, advice, and all around general knowledge of anything relating to car audio in our cars. Wiring diagrams, big 3 upgrade tips, easiest places to run wires from front to back, how to remove all the trim panels, stock speaker sizes, etc.

If you have any questions about performance mods, go back to the main page and post them in the appropriate thread. This is strictly for car audio.

Basic suspension upgrade, yes. Bagging and body dropping, no.

Just wanted to go ahead and get this thread started, so if you have any useful input, please go ahead and post it. I will be adding and updating all useful and helpful information to the first and second post as more info gets posted.

If you come in here just to post dump or post anything that is of no value, you will be reported and dealt with accordingly.

I'll go ahead and start this off:

ELD Bypass: How To: ELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/Fit - SMD Forum

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Reserved for future updates.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

My advice, if you have a newer model civic, from 2006-2010. you will NOT enjoy doing your Big 3 upgrade.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

LOL. Elaborate Sheena, tell your story about the trials and tribulations you struggled with lol. It'll help someone else out ;)

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

alright well basically after popping the hood and initially mapping it out in my head and setting the wires under the hood. i thought it would be quite an easy task to handle.

this is a wrong assumption.

the first hurdle is this little guy

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

this little plastic collar (it is heat treated plastic built to withstand very high heat, at least over 300 degrees) needed to be cut down half way VERTICALLY.

this was to allow a bus bar to be put into place and stick out of the alternator, towards the alternator. the bus bar is about an inch long and i have no pics of any of it.

we routed the cable above the twin fans at the front, zip tying it to the top part of the frame, using 3 special heat resistant zip ties.

after the positive was done we removed the battery and battery tray and ran a separate ground, we used the battery tray because it is bolted directly to the frame and our terminals fit perfectly. we ran this ground from the tray to the engine block. its about 6-7" long.

the other ground we tapped directly into the frame again and used the existing ground point, and ran it straight to the battery.

both of the grounds were sanded and polished down to the frame for a mirror finish.

all of this is on the stock alternator and stock battery.

a few other tips are if your running about 140 amps of current through your stock electrical, your alternator will pull about 300 degrees, so wire loom and proper cabling are a MUST!!

i shot the temp gun on mine running everything max at idle and it got up to about 280 degrees @ 12.5V

MAKE SURE YOUR BATTERY WATER LEVELS ARE TOPPED OFF IF YOUR STRESSING YOUR SHIT THIS HARD. your battery WILL fuck itself.

after properly looming and shielding your positive wire everything is fine. nothing gets hot on the right side of the engine, but the left side you will see about 280-300 degrees. so prepare for that.

it took me and my dad a day and a half to properly finish the big 3 up. no corners were cut and every scenario was tested.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

For maximum dimensions in 02-05 Civic's remove all carpeting trim from the trunk it opens up about 4" on each side and technically you're not going to want it in once you go bigger anyway.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I should have a few updates about the alt install and how to fab up your own bracket to fit a larger alt in the stock spot.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

on the 06-09 honda civics, the max dem without removing anything for your trunk is about 15.5"H 37"W 22"D. (measuring up against the rear seats, box can easily be removed)

you can only fit 12" subs max unless you start ripping the trim up or cutting.

if you go ported theres probably about 4.5 cu ft to play with anyways.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

when deadening, the first thing you want to do is THE REAR DECK!

the rear deck is the huge piece of trim in the back above your trunk where your rear speakers are located.

the second thing you want to deaden is the entire trunk. this will cut down on ALL rattles unless you have destroyed your roof braces.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Archived