So I Got Bored.... DIY Battery Charger Quick Connect

So as the title says, I got bored since I have my subs out and decided to make some quick disconnects for my bigger battery charger. It's not perfect, and I'm making up a new set using larger gauge wire, but I figured some of you guys who have their batts under a wall and/or their front batt has a cover, this could help.

Version 1

Picked this up from the store.

DSCF1103.jpg

It should be good for 13A, but since some of you guys have chargers that charge at 15A, I am making another set out of some 3 conductor 12AWG with plugs. I will post that one later after I get it done, but for now, I just use the 2A charge on my charger to make sure I don't heat up the wire. Plus, if I ever need to use the jump start feature, I can always pull the tape off, protect the plug, and just use the normal clamps. Also note that this cord has polarity specific plugs, one wide blade, one thin blade, so you CAN NOT plug it in the wrong way unless you are doing it entirely wrong LOL.

Cut and Stripped

DSCF1104.jpg

DSCF1105.jpg

Crimped them onto the existing charger cables

DSCF1106.jpg

DSCF1107.jpg

DSCF1108.jpg

DSCF1109.jpg

DSCF1110.jpg

DSCF1111.jpg

Ring terminals on the other side to go on my batt

DSCF1118.jpg

DSCF1119.jpg

Cord tucks nice and neat underneath the seat, ready to go but out of the way.

DSCF1120.jpg

DSCF1121.jpg

DSCF1122.jpg

DSCF1125.jpg

Can close the door most of the way even.

DSCF1134.jpg

DSCF1135.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Lbox88

Made up the other one and have it on the car in the 12A charge mode. With this 12AWG 3 conductor wire, it should be good up to 20A. Gonna let it run a little while and run down and check it to make sure the wire doesn't get warm and check voltage before I go to bed.

Version 2

DSCF1126.jpg

DSCF1127.jpg

DSCF1128.jpg

DSCF1129.jpg

DSCF1130.jpg

DSCF1131.jpg

DSCF1132.jpg

DSCF1133.jpg

DSCF1136.jpg

DSCF1138.jpg

DSCF1139.jpg

DSCF1140.jpg

DSCF1141.jpg

DSCF1142.jpg

DSCF1143.jpg

DSCF1144.jpg

Edited by Lbox88

Nice idea. I was thinking of something similar. I wonder if you wouldn't be better off opening up the charger and hard wiring the extension to it, instead of crimping it to the clamps. Just makes me nervous I guess with them being tapped together like that. Just a thought! But I like where this is going!