Second Skin Audio

wall or box

87chevyboi

Personally, I'm a fan of traditional style boxes in suvs. Look cleaner, don't ruin you headliner, sound just as good, if not better.

New Setup;

H/U; Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Wiring; 2 runs of 2/0 OFC & Big 3.

Subs; 2 D1 DC Level 4s.

Monoblock; DC 3.5k.

4 Channel; JBL GTO1004.

Highs; Vifa NE25VTS-04.

Mids; Aura NS6-255-8A.

Alt; 160a.

Batts; Optima, KHC1800.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive been going back and forth i think for now im just going to build a traditional box and check the numbers on them, if i dont think its good enough then ill take it out and do a wall then test it. If it sucks then just put the traditional in lol, I just like the looks of a wall idk what it is it just looks hella beasty when somebody gets in and sees 4 18's in a wall slammin rather than a traditional box subs up port back.

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

It's not really worth it to wall behind the C pillar IMO

specially if you're not very experienced. Just build a standard ported box. if you screw up, it'll be a lot cheaper to fix.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I like the box better. A wall would be cool if it was a vehicle you only used for competing, but if you need to keep the back seats, then I am guessing you use it daily. Also, I like the idea of a stealth box. There is something to be said for a system that doesn't beat you over the head visually, but can still pound your head audibly.

You could always go hybrid and build a box that acts like a wall, subs and ports firing forward, but not sealed off.....and it is still totally removable. Build that, then later if you decide you want it to be a permanent wall, all you have to do is add another layer of MDF on the front baffle and seal around it. Best of both worlds, right?

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

Archived