Second Skin Audio

You might do well to learn the difference between Peak and RMS as well.

To put it shortly: when an "RMS" signal clips you double your power to produce the "peak" result. That means if you are set for 3KW RMS then if you clip you could send upwards of 6KW to the subwoofer(s).

You would have to clip to the point of producing a true square wave for this to be true.

Yes you definitely increase the RMS power when clipping (that is what actually kills the speaker), but to get double would more than likely kill the amp too.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

You might do well to learn the difference between Peak and RMS as well.

To put it shortly: when an "RMS" signal clips you double your power to produce the "peak" result. That means if you are set for 3KW RMS then if you clip you could send upwards of 6KW to the subwoofer(s).

You would have to clip to the point of producing a true square wave for this to be true.

Yes you definitely increase the RMS power when clipping (that is what actually kills the speaker), but to get double would more than likely kill the amp too.

In a extrem case yes thats like saying the battery juice is going streight through the amp to the speakers (fuse). If the protection does not work what can i doo( I no yall have kids lol). But are you telling me 6000w power peak is going to kill 8000w peak. The am only does 4000w and if it exceeds that the fuse will blow. come on we all take risk at this game the game of calculation and fail. But this is by far extrem like some are making it out to be.

King dingalingIts not finished till i say so Bit@^!

I gave you an answer, it was appropriate. You are asking questions that are valid and you are receiving responses that are also valid and justified. Will the amp like .5 ohm daily, who knows, probably not. Not a bunch of amps will like .5 ohm daily. I have no idea about you skills, previous installs, or knowledge. I'm left to assume by the way you can coherently get your point across.

Your question was answered simply, DAYS ago. I was very helpful then, as I will continue to be. Good luck with your install, whichever route you take. I'll be happy to give advice if needed.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I hear you all about the power. If they blow the woofers so be it. Next question as i am going to change from 12s to 15s (Re or fi btl) By jan. How would you get 4000w out this amp? :twirl::ugh2:

Yes it is one ohm stable at 4000w.

Guy?s i am ust icking eoles brains to see what this forum is like.

What is proper? Explain please

Yes it is one ohm stable at 4000w.

Guy?s i am ust icking eoles brains to see what this forum is like.

What is proper? Explain please

You don't seem to care about blowing equipment, you only seem focused on how to get your amp to put out 4000 watts. In the REAL WORLD(with voltage drop and impedance rise) you will NOT see 4000 watts. Who knows if the amp is truly capable of the 4000 anyway...

A proper box would be one that was built to be efficient and have minimal rise FOR the vehicle it's built for. Proper electrical is HO alt, runs of OFC 1/0 gauge that is run correctly. The wire needs to be grounded correctly for the LEAST possible amount of resistance. Resistance=Heat

Heat=loss of efficiency and power. Battery power for capacitance is crucial. A couple Group 31s and a biggest battery possible on the hood.

To answer your questions though: No one can predict or tell you exactly how your setup will perform or what kind of voltage drop you may see. No one KNOWS what kind of watts your amp will push when all is said and done. The only thing we can tell you is to build your system, as good as you can. THEN if you're so curious about how many watts you're pushing, get a DMM and a clamp meter and measure for yourself.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.