LoganOates Posted August 8, 2012 Report Posted August 8, 2012 I feel like I'm doing something wrong, I have 2 Kenwood Excelon KFC-XW1224D's http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_19379_Kenwood_Excelon_KFC-XW1224D.aspx and running on a SoundStream DTR1.900d amp http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_20683_Soundstream_DTR1900D.aspx But, I feel like I'm tuning my amp wrong. My system sounds good, but doesn't really play lows. Is it because I have both the Low and High Frequncy knobs turned to the same place? Thanks Quote
SnowDrifter Posted August 8, 2012 Report Posted August 8, 2012 Could be amp settings, could be box design. Could be both. Box specs? And what are your amp settings at right now? Quote ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
bdog Posted August 8, 2012 Report Posted August 8, 2012 some amps like high input low gain settiing to play low Quote REP
LoganOates Posted August 8, 2012 Author Report Posted August 8, 2012 18.5 x 15.7 x 31 inches ; 36.7 pounds here's a picture of my settings http://tinypic.com/r/wmgy1l/6 Quote
SnowDrifter Posted August 8, 2012 Report Posted August 8, 2012 From what it looks like: some/all setting are either turned all the way down, or turned up partway? Is your box a sealed box or a ported one? Quote ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
LoganOates Posted August 8, 2012 Author Report Posted August 8, 2012 I have a ported box and just about everything is turned up Quote
SnowDrifter Posted August 8, 2012 Report Posted August 8, 2012 Do you know the tuning point of the box? Quote ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
SnowDrifter Posted August 8, 2012 Report Posted August 8, 2012 Did you build the box yourself or buy from bestbuy/car toys/etc Quote ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
LoganOates Posted August 9, 2012 Author Report Posted August 9, 2012 I bought the box from amazon Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.