Sonic Electronix

2 l7s and a zx2500. the last amp i had i think fried on me because i mounted it to the box and the box shook something inside the amp. idk if the box is supposed to move like that, but i was gonna mount the amp on the back of the seat but with the battery and wires there just isnt enough room for that. so i put an extra board on the box, a piece of foam under the board and a piece on top then mounted the amp. yet, the amp still moves and gets pretty damn hot, im thinking mounting on that foam might've not been the best idea. any tips?

Kenwood HU

Kicker ZX2500.1

15" Kicker L7 (x2)

Memphis 1/0 Wires

9^3 @ 31hz

DC Power SP 250 Alt.

2 Deka "Intimidater" Batteries

Big 3

Stock door speakers (For now)

I wouldn't mount it on foam. Use rubber grommets if you want to mount it to the box.

2001 VW Passat Sportwagen

Alpine ICS-X7HD

DC Audio 5K

SSA 15" XCON

Tantric Sounds 6.5HD's, Sundound Audio SA-6.5CS

Incriminator Audio IA6.4

XS batteries, KnuKonceptz wirez, Second Skin

Ive never had a problem mounting amps on a box

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

i never would mount a amp on a box but i used to get my crap stolen lol

anyways but if you had no choice just make sure the box is mounted so it wont move and/or the connectors are clean and tight

but me i would make a fake floor or make a amp rack on the rear deck or on the back seat

becaues when u tuned the amp or amps u might need to move the box to get the amp and when u put it back i might not sound right

1996 Chevy Tahoe

AKA My SQ Hoe

Pioneer AVH-X2800BS

Precision Power PC.18DS

MB Quart NA540.6

Skar Audio RP-2000.1D

55-3210 -  8 Inch MCM AUDIO SELECT

Rockville RXM64

Tymphany BC25SC06-04

Kenwood KFC-1795PS

if the amp moves while you're playing music, your box needs bracing.

^THIS. I've mounted my amps on boxes before but the boxes were well built and braced and never had an issue with much vibration, if any. In any case, I would geta board, throw foam inbetween that and the box, then use some small pieces of foam between the mounting feet (not the whole amp) and the board.

Archived